Pet Peeve: The Undying

It’s just spring-y enough with pollen that I must cancel plans and stay inside, unable to distinguish between a flu virus and the trees crapping all over town.

1 Like

It’s really nice weather but thanks to work I don’t get to enjoy much of it at all.

It peeves me that I at the moment have no MMO to play, that would give me any satisfaction. That means WoW and ESO. Two games I like, both do not satisfy me.

Well, on the bright side, I still have other games coming up to play and enjoy. Warhammer Chaosbane’s beta is opening up tomorrow, so I am going to try that out and see how it is. I am anticipating it to be a fun romp.

How about GW2?

I haven’t played Guild Wars 2 in ages. And I don’t think I’d enjoy it as much. Last time I played it, I fought evil mushrooms in a jungle enviroment that was a nightmare to navigate.

Honestly, the whole narrative story of GW2 just bugs me, as it feels like if you don’t stick around with the game, you will miss out on the story beats. At least that is the impression I got when I played it and out of nowhere the first thing I did was attack a giant tower with two bimbos I never met before, but apparently was besties with.

1 Like

Wait… the game had a story? i thought it was basicly torbjorning through vast zones and sometimes go pyro on mobs.

Last time I played gw2 I enjoyed the pvp quite alot, more so than WoW, but thats about it. The bizarre cutscenes from the vanilla game is still there and havent been fixed, and the latest story is…kinda confusing when I tried since they have permamently locked large chunks of the main story arc, and the more recent story that is available jumps in with you some sort of grand commander of all these npcs you have no idea who they are and their backstories with you is about half the dialogue.

It was confusing. And the PvE, is kinda…sam-y. Not much to comment on.

Personally, aside from WoW, I like swtor and Lotro when it comes to mmo’s. Both have some issues, but are overall nice games to play now and then when there is time so I recommend those.

1 Like

Yeah. It introduced some kind of narrative thing to it, including a ragtag group of yahoos that apparently were your besties.

Unfortunately I couldn’t really find a way to start the beginning of this narrative story thing, because I saw something like it being locked away because I wasn’t there at the start. It threw me straight in to the climax of this narrative.

Not a good way to start things off, if you ask me.

1 Like

Hmm… Now I got a sudden temptation to play SWTOR.

Curse you, adorable little Gnome Warlock!

1 Like

Its a fun questing experience and the flashpoints are kinda neat to play. The PvP is absolutley horrendous though and the roleplaying scene is kinda…eh.

1 Like

Yeah, as far as I understood it, the main story arcs(This would be the max level quests/storylines in the diffrent WoW expansions) Are locked permamently for new players after some time. The other ones are locked behind a paywall for IRL money for a limited time(Before also being permamently locked), unless you activly play the game and log on during certain times.

1 Like

That is honestly a whole lotta B.S. if you ask me. Might as well not play the story, if you miss out one chapter. No matter how amazing it’s supposed to be.

1 Like

Yeah, that isnt rewarding people for playing the game, its outright punishing you for not. And it really bothers me.

1 Like

Any game that punishes players for not actively playing the game, without any options of returning to something you haven’t played through, is a poorly designed game. Simple as that.

1 Like

Completly agree. I don’t mind things like Login rewards as much(as long as they dont give a -clear- advantage.) Since that can entice you a bit to keep playing, and gw2’s system doesn’t reset either, so you do it at your pace/when you feel like.

But otherwise, the game is poorly designed, and I fully agree that if you get punished for not playing it, then it isnt a good game.

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth of things…

By the way, quick question: You know how long it takes for password recovery emails to arrive to you for SWTOR? I’ve called for a password recovery five minutes ago and I still haven’t gotten any.

Any emails from swtor, such as password recovery and the one-time password thing can take up to like 15-20 minutes. Bit annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, I figured as much. I remember when I last went in to the galaxy far, far away, I had to wait roughly an hour before I could change my password.

Well, guess I’ll play something while waiting stares at his Steam Library of games Hmm… Yakuza 0 or Yakuza Kiwami… What do you think, Vixi?

1 Like

Never played any of the Yakuza games, but I’ve heard good things about the 0 one, so go for that :slight_smile:

Also to get the thread back on track as well with a peeve: Hearthstone. I used to really like the game, and Im fond of card things like that. But now that ive started playing Magic Arena, hearthstone feels incredibly stale and dated :confused: It doesnt help that it is also less rewarding and have less options to grind for card packs without having to wait for like 2 daily quests.

1 Like

Sounds like Bioware alright. I have TOR just never tried it, I’m more interested in getting the DLC for DAI so I can continue my romance with Solas.

My ongoing peeve is that I can’t sing any of the songs I like without being looked at weirdly.

2 Likes