Pet Peeve: The Undying

Gnelves…

1 Like

Pug runs for mythic+ are a peeve in general. It’s such a long time since I’ve seen a tank whose skills of keeping mobs on himself wouldn’t force me to kite on every other trash pack.

Pugs in wow are so bad I have basically stopped playing the actual game. I led a ton of pugs throughout Legion and I am so unbelievably sick of it.

Raiding with a competent guild, now that is where it is at. Unfortunately I primarily play this game for RP which inevitably clashes with raid schedules.

When i do mythic+ with obviously the superior faction in every way except numbers i generally get decent teams and 1 russian.

Bonus peeve: forums on my mobile are bad. There used to be this problem where, if you used backspace to correct a typo, autocorrect would assume you start a new word from where you backspaced to. So if I accidentally spelled Hello as Help, then backspaced the p and wrote lo in its place, it would autocorrect to something like HelLove. Super annoying.

Now autocorrect has totally given up and doesn’t do anything anymore.

Why is it just these forums that my phone can’t handle?

Because these forums work nowhere.

Want to use the Bloodflank Charger and the ironclad Frostclaw. But don’t really have characters that would suit either.

The horse maybe fits a b elf in orcish armor

And the wolf… A white skinned Worgen with Alliance-ish armor

The armor in both can be Stromgarde’s

There’s a lot of things I don’t understand about WoW and this is one of them. If it weren’t for the general shenanigans on the forums I’d just use a WoW related social media group to talk to other players.

Pet peeve - I went to Goldshire and now I’m a pet in Gnomeragan. I thought if I RP’ed with someone I could later rob them.

I was so wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, that was the sets I’d go for just because they match the mounts but I don’t have an already created character who’d use it and I’m a bit hesitant to make more. Especially because I have loads to level already.

Onto a peeve: Forcing myself through current content on my dwarf to try and get to 120 so I have another chance at Skullripper, I’ve honestly just given up on getting to max on my characters, I’m happy at 110.

EDIT: Also has any one tried questing from 110 to 120 as either holy or disc priest? How slow is it?

1 Like

I did most of my alliance priest levelling as disc and it was so slow I wanted to die.

Urgh, probably better off waiting for timewalking to swing around and level my lightforged priest then.

2 Likes

I had a group with two blood DKs in Utgarde Keep earlier. Both clearly new to the game, didn’t know where to go (it’s a straight line?) and didn’t know how to tank.
But also didn’t say anything in chat.

Why does this keep happening and why is it always Utgarde?

Using an addon to auto-repair your gear whenever possible is the only way to live, tbh.

This character is tall and “stick shaped”. But I no longer roleplay with her.

In my experience, healer questing means you’re functionally unkillable but take a geological era to kill most things.

It wasn’t that bad before Legion. Legion was the expansion that I actually swapped my druid from resto to moonkin to level.

But seeing how it’s still a snail’s pace, I’ll wait for timewalking.

Just don’t want to go back to shadow on a Lightforged.

One of the first characters I leveled this expansion was my horde holypriest, but it was not so bad because

1. I had mythic raidgear and good legendaries, so I breezed through the first few levels
  2. I leveled in warmode, and the extremely oppressive Alliance presence once I got to Nazmir made boredom impossible (one of the blood troll questing areas was a constant pvp hotspot with dozens of people!). I eventually had to leave Warmode in Vol’dun as the 5v10s became 1v40s and it just became impossible to make progress.

There is no reason to level as disc or holy when questing unless you are spamming dungeons as well.

Disc and holy are smooth enough when you get decent gear. But they are always vastly less fluid than shadow. Not to mention they lack the aoe presence shadow has. The only time disc might be preferred is when trying to solo a world boss like in arathi. That said, I’ve done many of them as shadow without too much problems.

There’s just no reason not to quest as shadow. My priest is holy spec main, azerite gear is modelled for holy but I am always shadow when questing as it is just infinitely superior and far less mind numbing than smite spam.

Reason for this is because of players low damage, as everything was scaled around having the artifacts… It was such a friggin’ drag.

The only class that could still slaughter everything was Windwalker Monks.

Night Elf Druid, one who reveres Goldrinn

2 Likes

Charge them for ERP then log off when they give you 200k upfront. What are they gonna do, report you for not ERPing with them?

Anyways: Peeve? How meaningless gear in WoW is and has been since… I want to say TBC?

Generally speaking it’s all about getting the biggest numbers possible now, the only stand outs are trinkets, and usually number crunchers find out that the ‘interesting’ ones are actually worse than just jpegs you slot in your character and make their numbers bigger.

I’ve been playing Dungeons & Dragons Online lately and it’s struck me how impactful gear there is. That ring of water breathing I got in the tutorial? Yeah, handy even many levels later and will remain so until the end of time. That feather fall cloak I found? Damn right I’m keeping that in my bags. Weapons and armour with a variety of bonuses and proc effects that suit different enemies and situations? Sure!

Vanilla and TBC tended to have me lugging around gear below my level because of a particular proc or attribute, besides bigger numbers, that made them worth keeping. Or had a rare secondary stat that did give me a notable power boost. Nowadays gear is just a constant line graph that steadily climbs then resets every expansion. I honestly could not name a single item of gear besides the arcano crystal (Which was busted because it was the biggest lump of stats attached to a jpeg in years) off the top of my head, nothing stands out as “Oh hell yeah that’s a great item, you should definately get it if you’re a paladin”.

Azerite traits kinda address this, but they too often share traits with one another and lack idenity. Plus many traits are straight garbage.

I suppose it just illustrates that WoW has gradually left it’s DnD inspired roots. I think BfA has a single proc based weapon from a dungeon and that’s rapidly outclassed by anything else. No reason to keep it.

1 Like