Pet Peeve: The Undying

Sounds like it’s time to bring some culture to the English speaking lands

2 Likes

It so common. Especially when said person is also supposed to be a skilled Fighter as well.

Petite and hourglass but somehow able to anime the fudge out of guys twice their size.

Yeah seems about right.

I mean if they were extremely athletic or muscular sure, but then they wouldn’t have the figure of a device used to measure the passing of time!

5 Likes

Then you have the several 100-odd, mostly human females, but sometimes belves too, that are warriors or paladins described as hourglass, womanly, wide hips, big chests, and generally vulpous/plump figures, but at the same time have muscles like the amazonian ladies from Futurama.

Do you even understand bodies?

5 Likes

Nah, my blood elf warrior is muscular and has next to no feminine frame at all.

She’s also tall. But we’re talking 6ft, so i suppose around the height of her male counterparts?

1 Like

They don’t. It’s the Mary sue problem of being perfect in every category.

They want it all or nothing.

1 Like

American game inherently using backwards measurements. Then there are the brits who still use them, along with the affront to logic that is Stone for weight.

Some classes like paladin and death knight get away with being stronk by magic but you shouldn’t have a pretty, hourglassed death knight anyway.

Someone with skill in pencil magic should draw this implausibly curvaceous yet muscled warrior just to demonstrate how grotesque the mental image actually is. Bonus points if they give the abomination a pair of big, sparkly anime eyes.

4 Likes

Ugh, makes me wanna puke considering how accurate it is.

Outside of skin tint there doesn’t seem to be a great deal of difference in appearance between the living and the death knight, going off blizzard art. Not even the skin tone in some cases.

Eg: https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/hearthstone_gamepedia/d/dc/Corpsetaker_full.jpg

I got so many pets on zanda hunter and can’t think of names for them all.

They’re only used in Ireland and the UK for a person’s height, I believe. In Ireland, at the very least, all road signs are in metric, and I know that in both countries, weight is measured with metric as well. I’ve heard some older people mention stone every now and then, but that’s really it.

Also worth noting that the bit about height specifically applies to people - a building would never be measured in feet or anything. I get the feeling it’s been kept that way because it rolls off the tongue easier when talking about people (5ft 10 sounds better than 1.77 metres). That said, I’d rather the imperial system died out completely despite that very minor, inconsequential inconvenience.

Kevin
Mark
Jim
Cindy
Yoko
George
Alyssa
David

3 Likes

While nice, kind of got to be troll themed.

Zul Kevin
Zul Mark
Zul Jim
Zul Cindy
Zul Yoko
Zul George
Zul Alyssa
Zul David

8 Likes

I’ll keep them in mind.

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Hence righteous disdain for pretty, petite, yet plump zombie warrior wizards.

Here we say “one and 77” with the measure implied as it deals with a person’s height and it works beautifully.

Not until the US adopts it as standard, being the force behind its use these days. I don’t think that Brunei is the active propagator of this madness.

1 Like

Age ratings…
Also, a certain audience wouldn’t like things they don’t find attractive

[citation needed]

It might sound better to you if it’s what you’re used to. In Russian, in casual conversation, one would just say, literally, “meter seventy-seven” (metr sem’desyat sem’) and it rolls off the tongue easily.

3 Likes

same in dutch

Same in french. Feet/inches system is a peeve for me too.

My other peeve is illustration of an interracial couple with, for example, a human and a night elf… And the night elf woman is smaller than the human. No. Assume the fact that your character is dating a tall amazon of a woman damnit! (Also works with human/draenei, blood elf/night elf, blood elf/nightborne, etc.)
Even if your night elf/draenei/nightborne/troll/etc. is small for her people, she will not be dainty human small.

4 Likes