Pet Peeve: The Undying

Ugh, he doesn’t look very viking to me, he has a bearded babyface, and it doesn’t look manly in the slighest.

@Kalwyne; Yeah, I knew he plays/Played on AD, but I didn’t know he was Swedish.

1 Like

I tried it when I was younger at friend’s house, and I tried some of those “retail private servers”. It was good for its time, and it is alot more closer to an oldschool rpg than WoW is currently.

But it’s/was clunky. Alot of honestly bad zone, mob and boss designs. Most of the quality of life stuff we got in the game didnt exist until wrath and forwards, so there was alot of busy work just for the sake of busy work. It was their idea of timegating back then.

So yeah, it’s a decent game, but the big sell point was that it was new back then. Nowdays its just very outdated.

1 Like

You can bet I’ll come and whisper and bother you after I’m home from work.

No idea, I wouldn’t buy, but the girl is pretty… pretty.
We’re talking about that pink haired lass selling her bathwater to thirsty neckbeards, right?

If he was a “true viking” he’d be sailing, raping, plundering and farming, yet he’s too busy streaming, so maybe he should just shut it?

It’s not about the beard on the outside, it’s about the beard on the inside :wink:

1 Like

Well, compared to other MMO’s back in those Days, WoW was very casual, so that’s also a thing to take into account + that Warcraft was on the rise in popularity after Warcraft 3.

This is what I tell myself in the mirror every morning.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it, it took me long enough to grow a proper beard too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just from gathering info on how it was at the time+ what people who played the games more reguarly said, I think another big selling point was actually Everquest. Since when WoW began to make headlines in the development, the EQ crew worked on their sequel to try and stop WoW’s competition, and rushed it out before WoW’s release, and it was…not very well recieved. Not badly, just not as popular as the first game and instead probably sent people to WoW as a result.

1 Like

One day, the beard on the cheeks will look good, and I can have a proper full beard… I will pray to whatever beard gods that exist!

I still have some hairless or less then ideal patches too, it’ll happen. :man_shrugging:

It better happen! I’ve wanted beard all my Life! >_<

I missed the conversation but Belle Delphine is an entrepreneurial genius and I will stand by that until I die.

S O L D O U T B A T H W A T E R

6 Likes

I mean, it isn’t stupid, she makes a buttload (get it?) of Money doing this, and it doesn’t cost her anything doing it, really.

The sad part is the fools actually buying it.

literal thirty dollar tapwater

i wish i was a cute instagram girl :frowning:

More like “I’m sorry I got called out”

1 Like

You can become one! Or if you’re a guy, become one of those that dresses up and look like Girls.

EQ was one of the games that paved the way for WoW, I played it, the first three expansions were amazing. I think it has something to do with EQ not being as great after that, EQ2 flopping and WoW simply being so much easier and user friendly. EQ was quite brutal in its xp grind, death penalty, having to group for everything. Vanilla WoW reminded me of EQ in many things, but at the same time they made it a much more casual, solofriendly and pretty streamlined experience at that time. I enjoyed that, I loved the sense of freedom it gave compared to EQ.

It’s funny to me when people say vanilla WoW was hard.

1 Like

Selling tapwater I had in my mouth then spat out.

25$ please.

Bathwater is for subscribers only.

From what I played of vanilla designed bosses in dungeons/raids, it wasnt so much hard as it was just big numbers and clunky mechanics.

Every raid boss essentially just had some form of knockback(this returned in legion), and alot of it otherwise was kinda compared to modern WoW, just very bare-basic mechanics.

Wowmail is better because I barely play this character now. She’s just my forumface 'cause of familiarity and trust level posting privileges.

One of the more inspirational moments in 90’s cartoons. Take it to heart along with a fake quote from a Spartan king:

“Women and children are beardless. I am neither.”

There wasn’t the level of information and collective experience 15 years ago, either - today’s gamers could probably zip through Classic content with 20-30 people when everyone knows the optimised talent build, rotation and raid composition.

6 Likes

I’m no good judge of the vanilla raids, I was in a very fun and very nooby guild and we wiped a lot haha! But it did involve a lot less ‘jump here, jump there, avoid the stuff on the ground everywhere, oh god I didn’t jump, I’m dying, not another laserbeam please’ mechanics, in that sense I’m sure a great deal is much easier than current raids.

I meant more the general gameplay, leveling, running around, dungeons… they were fun and took some time but I never specifically experienced them as hard, esp after EQ. After two years of playing (far too much) there, I was still level 58 when max was 60 :D.

1 Like