Pet Peeve: The Undying

If it means erasing that trojan horse virus that is Andromeda i’m all for it.

And a significant end to the trilogy + having the DLC Citadel to be the real ending.

2 Likes

To those who played the Kotor games in chronological order, what was the twist like going in blind?

I played Kotor 2 first and you piece it together pretty quickly when you start talking with Kreia that the first game was about Revan, so when I eventually got around to playing Kotor 1 the twist didn’t come as a surprise.

Having played it in my mid-teens I was not expecting the twist at all. It was so out of keeping with what I knew about Star Wars that there was no way I could have predicted it.

It was a shock, in the best possible way. Because it felt clever. They did that little flashback sequence after the reveal showing all the little bits of dialogues that hinted towards the truth and that felt super cool to me.

Obviously going back and playing it now some of the dialogue doesn’t quite add up, like some of the dialogue between you and the Jedi Council feel like they’re ignorant to you being Revan, but not in a “we’re just playing along with the ruse” kind of way.

Still it was an awesome moment and is rightfully given it’s place as one of the best twists in gaming.

2 Likes

Please stop remastering things and just give us something new.

I think I was around 14-15 when I first played KotOR 'cos it was a little bit after it came out and I didn’t see it coming at all. Like all that foreshadowing just went past my small child brain entirely so when it was revealed it was a big HOOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII- moment. The recounting flashbacks of the foreshadowing made me feel like Bioware were so smart+clever.

Similar twist for Jade Empire but because I played KotOR I wasn’t as surprised by that but I still didn’t see it coming exactly, but instead of being “WOAH WOAH WHAT” it was “oh yeah, that does make sense, damn!”

2 Likes

no :angry:

Remastering only has validity if you not only add more content while preserving the identity of the original.

That and also the fact that our old consoles have gone obsolete… No hurting in getting them in more recent consoles.

gives you BfA

5 Likes

Probably going to get dumped on for it as it seems to be a very popular “thing” to do - but Elves and other races in general going to “I’ll speak to a Loa.”

There’s nothing inherently wrong with it in and of itself, and yes it has happened in Lore. The Loa (very clearly) now exist, are a physical thing and such… but it sure as hell does erode and damage the relative uniqueness of Troll culture and often times is done so stupidly as to make very little sense.

3 Likes

FF7R is more remake than remaster but looks dope

it’s added a new pull up game IN ADDITION to the original squat minigame and the H Y P E is real.

https://twitter.com/Saltbeast_/status/1171809869554257920

1 Like

Get an emulator then.

Ideal remaster doesn’t add anything new imo. But it does take the game and brings it up to modern standards when it comes to gameplay fluidity, stability and graphics. If that means porting the game unto a newer engine, so be it.

But don’t go changing the story !!!

[looks at Warcraft 3 Reforged]

1 Like

That’s fair, I remember thinking when I first finally got around to playing it that the way they executed it was clever – I just wasn’t surprised because I knew going in you’re probably playing as Revan given the events of Kotor 2. Ebon Hawk made me suspect it, HK-47 playing back dialogue from the Kotor 1 crew supported it, and the Bastila/Carth cutscenes talking about Revan confirmed it.

This dialogue right here

The most based KotOR playthrough is playing as a goodie two-shoes for the first half of the game because of the indoctrination from the council and Bastila, but then when you find out you’re Revan going full dark side to get revenge.

Also killing Carth.

EDIT: Just remembered you don’t kill Carth, he runs away like a coward.

I dunno man, sticking to Revan’s description in KotOR1 and 2 he was never really full dark side (at least, not in the way KotOR1 lets you play dark side…). He never really came across as ‘cruel’. Domineering maybe, flexing power to create subordinates, but a lot of the dark side stuff from Bioware was very “I r evil”

Also the idea of the memory wipe destroying his personality never really sat right with me - I like to think he was still Revan, even without his memories, so he’d act similarly before and after revelation.

That’s what I’d like to think anyway.

1 Like

The most redpilled playthrough is following Kreia’s ultimate teachings and remaining truly neutral and thus unable to unlock a prestige class to be quite honest

Even more based and redpilled playthrough is getting to play SWToR and seeing them butcher your boi right in the beginning and then try to stitch it back together only to make it worse.

Revan’s identity or Kreia being ebul? Yawn, basically, for both with the mountainous amounts of obvious buildup.

“SWTOR” more like “tore out my heart and stomped on it with what they did to Meetra and Revan”

Kreia isn’t really evil though, and she never contests it either. She was always manipulative, but there was a truth to what she had to teach. It’s the way she went about achieving it that was morally questionable. The fact that she is what she is wasn’t surprising for me, especially when she shows you the vision of her being cast out from the Sith Triumvirate 1/3rd of the way into the game.

The surprising thing was that despite that build up, and you obviously knowing there’s some things going on with Kreia, I was really invested in seeing how that turns out. Is she really a villain? Anti-hero? Anti-villain? I shouldn’t trust her, but she has a point – kind of. And in the end, I didn’t hate her. She was the antagonist, but not a bad guy.

Kotor 2 didn’t need to rely on a plot twist, the characters were fleshed out and written really well to keep you invested all the way. Kreia explicitly tells you the plot twist early on. There is no great revelation.