Pet Peeve: The Undying

Being unable to finish the Stronghold in the Anthem demo. Either the objective bugs out, people drop but enemies won’t scale down…

1 Like

Really? I got through it in no-time. Every time I engaged a group of enemies they’d just instantly vanish all at once.

People quit then I’m left with enemies that don’t seem to scale down. And nobody joins in to fill gaps.

The objective to stand on the platform bugged and was stuck on 0 progress.

Multiple times I have been booted back to the fort and my desktop at random, either as a DC or crash.

Each time I leave the activity then go back in I have to sit through a very long-winded summary screen even if I “skip all” and two very long load screens.

All in all very frustrating.

1 Like

Seems like a game ready for launch in…less than three weeks.

2 Likes

Now now, keep in mind that they have four release dates
four separate release dates.

Because, y’know, why release your game on all platforms at the same time when you can just have them all a week or two apart from each other for no real reason.

That’s smart from a stability perspective. Easier to deal with server loads if people are mass logging in on four different days rather than all at once, right.

Super confusing for people who are casual buyers though.

Aha, but that’s not what they’re doing. They’re literally calling it ‘early access’ for the ones that get it first (folks that subscribe to their utmost-premium whateverthefrick) despite it being the final build. Like no, that’s not early access, that’s just normal access. Everyone else gets late access. REE.

OH LOOK IT BUGGED AGAIN

I have a relic fragment, trying to give it to the thing but… no

EDIT: Okay I dropped it somehow and someone else did it.

Now we stand on the thing while… no enemies spawn. Huh.

Is this about the Destiny ripoff to Anthem?

It’s trying to be Destiny meets Warframe meets Diablo.

I’ll admit under all the issues I can see a fun game.

But I’m puzzled why they apparently have a ton of the issues addressed in the launch build… apparently the demo is based off a far older dev build. Why? Surely we want the best first impression possible?

2 Likes

Suppose its to get a better impression once the game is finally released, by making the demo Broken, unless the game is doomed to fail from the get go.

My expectations for Bioware’s Anthem ain’t high to be honest, what I’ve seen of it and its universe feels lackluster compared to the Dragon Age and Mass Effect universes.

Gameplay alone can’t carry a game that lacks story and is buggy, as Andromeda showed us.

It’s not meant to be a proper Bioware RPG, mind.

I’m willing to check in on it in a few months, but it’s not a launch buy for me at all.

I don’t know about you, but if I put on a medieval helmet and you struck me with a sledgehammer head-on I’d be dead in the first hit, if not the second. You talk about this subject like you wouldn’t fall over instantly. Do you know how much force is behind a blunt weapon? We’re not talking baseball bats here, we’re talking flanged maces and war hammers. Helmets were mainly used to protect you against projectiles and decapitation, both things which blunt weapons typically aren’t or aren’t capable of inflicting. A glancing blow definitely won’t kill you outright, but a direct hit? I don’t know man. Helmet or not, you’re going down.

6 Likes

Now now, you might survive.

with your skull completely turned to dust, and your neck broken in more ways than you previously imagined to be possible.

3 Likes

I finally chose a faction for my local Warhammer 40k games.

It was a tough one but between necrons and thousand sons the nerds won out.

The peeve? The lack of a start collecting set so I have to shell out more cash to collect the miniatures from different box sets.

Smh this neet lifestyle ain’t great

That helmet will bend inwards and crack your skull like a watermelon. :joy:

Yeah I agree. Let’s not even get into the specifics of what strain is put upon your delicate spine when receiving such a powerful hit. A tauren or a race with a strange neck might survive, but anything with an upright spine like us humans is pretty much dead on impact or crippled insufferably for life.

2 Likes

Why on earth aren’t you wearing an arming cap!?

Sledgerhammer to you helmet? That arming Cap wont do you much good.

It’ll stop your helmet piercing your skull… It won’t stop your neck from snapping though😂