Pet peeves: The return (Part 1)

I’m fairly certain there’s more canon gay NPCs in FF14 than WoW. Yoshi-P has gone on record saying trans stuff is :+1: and the in-game marriage stuff you can do has no gender restrictions either.

If nothing else there’s a bunch of NPCs (major and minor) that show interest in the WoL regardless of your race/gender.

Also if anyone tries to tell me that Cid and Nero aren’t married and that Ryne and Gaia aren’t dating then uhhhh what game are you playing lmao

I have a lot of hesitancy towards anyone who starts talking about men’s issues, you either have people misunderstanding or banging the drum but then using phrases like “virgin” or “small :wind_chime: energy” the next. It’s hard to find someone who is genuine and not disingenuous; there are a few small charities that do a lot of good with where I work but beyond that?

I’ll trust anyone as far as I can throw them tbqh as far as the internet is concerned.

1 Like

MRAs are super sus and tbh some guys are their own worst enemy when it comes to advocating MRA stuff (looks at incels/MGTOW)

Gender discussions in general are a complete minefield and it’s best to just focus on the specific issues and be careful

Actually divorced.

Cid’s over it but Nero isn’t.

3 Likes

Just seen a twitter account advertising ‘scraping’ stuff from artists patreons, discords, etc etc. I.e. private paid content.
So, basically, stealing. And bragging about it. And claiming to be immune from any legal repercussion, while, from the sounds of it, doxxing any artists that file DMCAs.

Really boils my blood. Artists deserve to be paid too? Do they think art just is spawned, fully formed, from the ether? And don’t snark about it, this is WAY too common now…

3 Likes

Magnetic resonance andiography?? Maankäyttö- ja rakennusasetus? Mauritius Revenue Authority?

What do the incels have to do with MRA scans, Finnish land use and building regulations and/or the Maurutius tax collectors?

What do the numbers mean Mason?

Men’s Rights Activist

or, to use the scientific term, misogynist

2 Likes

oh

that wasn’t anywhere near the top 5 google results

1 Like

sounds like a quick way to jail if the account doxxes artists

but yeah, in general if you’re an artist, prepare to be the bottom of the barrel of a human for like, majority of the internet

which is really gross

2 Likes

Apparently the person/site is Russian, so… yeah, good luck I guess :pensive:

Something I might recommend for those who are interested in men’s rights without hatred of women/feminism etc, is r/menslib on reddit which seems nice.

I am not active there, but seeing it recommended comes up now and again in sound circles, and occasional glances sees healthy discussion with no hatred.

Stuff like that makes me so god damn mad.

Yeah… Russian law system, especially in regards to art and international issues is a huge mess.
I only know from the whole debacle with the russian guy trademarked the whole SCP Foundation stuff and is in a long lasting lawsuit from it.

1 Like

Yeah, that sucks.

Poor SCP.

Yeah it’s sad people do that kind of things, more so that the laws of Russia et al allow for it to happen in the first place.

1 Like

Everyone complaining about the rain for the month of July.

I take solace in that. It’s preferable to being subjected to 35+ degrees of heat.

1 Like

Usually I don’t complain about the rain but today it’s pretty much tropical here thanks to humidity. So either more or far less rain would be nice. (Wind would be awesome!)

The laws are actually quite strict, it’s their enforcement that’s lax (like with most Russian laws, including the infamous “gay propaganda” law), which is why there are so many piracy websites hosted in Russia.

I relapsed yesterday bros. I came back to World of Warcraft and made a Blood Elf Paladin.

I’m so ashamed :pensive:

3 Likes

Have a seat Akamito. This is an intervention.