Pet peeves: The return (Part 1)

Hope it goes well!

1 Like

Just getting a proper look at the teeth, she still has an awfully bad breath and supposedly some breeds have tendency for teeth issues so better safe than sorry in regards to her.

1 Like

I think it’s quite in line with the Pandaren’s whole ethos of moderation and balance that they would develop arcane magic, but to a less extreme level and over use compared to the Highborne. It’s not like they were the sole practitioners of arcane magic before the Sundering anyway. The Zandalari also had their own mages as well.

2 Likes

Can’t let those rowdy ADers get out of line.

Not even one toe out of line.

oh, no, no, no, no, no.

4 Likes

My tsundere auri retainer is onto my main.

Came back from a venture and told him to stop leering at her
 butt.

So, Metzen has given birth to another IP.

https://warchiefgaming.com/auroboros/

1 Like

Said it elsewhere but I’m surprised that it’s a 5e supplement/campaign setting rather than it’s own game, tbh, especially with the marketing and general weight behind his name

Some really cool art though, seems like a cool campaign setting!

While I was reading Comics
 I realized actual thieves in the DC Universe are less greedy and have more moral upstandings than current day CEO such as Kottick.

2 Likes

There’s temple acolytes using arcane magic too, in the Jade Temple grounds. Which makes all kinds of sense as its a center of learning with a gigantic library.

1 Like

How do you guys feel about retconning bad storylines?

For me it’s mostly a concern for my first characters (which I don’t really play anymore anyway), but even in recent expansions I have gotten into at least one story arc that has just been an absolute mess and that I don’t feel is worth keeping around as part of the character’s story. Do you think it’s better to keep it in for the sake of consistency even if it was a total mistake in hindsight?

1 Like

Mogi went to AU Draenor after MoP in a short-lived guild, but, I retconned that as I viewed the Siege of Orgrimmar to be a better conclusion to his character arc.

These are your OC’s, do with them what you want. Sure, if it’s a storyline that many people took part in, then that might get confusing, but don’t let it dissuade you from taking charge of your preferred backstory.

1 Like

No, i think retconning it is fine.

I have retconned quite a few storylines myself because they were also an absolute mess.

Not only is it sorta fine it’s also kinda inevitable if you play a character long enough. Like my Warlock is more or less the same character she was when I rolled her back in vanilla and while she does have some really pivotal moments that affect her to this day from way back when she absolutely does not acknowledge every single RP story she’s been in since 2007 because a ton of them were pretty crap or never actually got wrapped up.

7 Likes

Even the Joker is more ready to fight Right Wing Extremists (like Red Skull) than most Americans these days.

Says a lot -sips tea-

It’s heartening to see people talk about character retcon stuff fairly postively/in a forgiving way, because it’s honestly something I’ve been contemplating for quite some time now with my Night Elf, who was my main during Legion and for some time after.

There was a lot of really good RP with her up till BFA, and then certain stuff coupled with a long IRL hiatus and disruption to RP kind of threw them off the path I had, and when I tried to rejoin it I kind of skipped over a lot of stuff that would have worked well as IC development as things were before, but without the same environment and characters around just
 it feels off now, somehow.

Long and short is they went from being a Sentinel to a Druid, and while I was very fond of that ‘arc’ as it could have played out, it just ended up
 not doing so. So now it feels kind of hollow? I’m really struggling to get back into the character, as a result.

Yep, pretty much the same for NarmĂ« over there. She started around BC and if I’m keeping the great beats, I’ve changed stuff so the stories that were never finished are wrapped now, or condensing stuff because A Lot can happens in two weeks of RP but it makes more sense spread out, and so forth. (I also allowed myself to transform some of the characters of that time into NPC, changing the names a bit, for future stories)

As long as the persons the character was played with no longer are here, feel free to change past storylines as is convenient or more interesting for you.

2 Likes

Are people around who would raise an eyebrow if your character said “i don’t know what you’re talking about” in reference to it?

If not, then go for it. If you’re the only person involved with the character and arc anymore, then it’s entirely up to you.

4 Likes

It’s a safe bet approach I think, to let his company get some stable footing before launching something bigger.

It sounds cool AF though.

I guess so! I think I wouldn’t much like being somewhat reliant on another company’s product for selling my own with the way it’s a supplement for 5e, but with how well 5e is doing it’s a good way to go for sure

At the same time I think the momentum for him launching his own game straight of the bat could be pretty big, but with just how many different games there are (and kickstarters for them
) I might be wrong there! If shipping ends up being reasonable I’ll likely end up getting the final product for sure.

Little Girl is giving me the right stink eye.