Pet peeves: The return (Part 1)

Yes, prob won’t be on tonight as I am dealing with other things but I am Omega will let you know by shouting in this thread when I get my butt on

Yeah, just reply to any of my comments in this thread, usually gets my attention pretty quickly (if I’m not cursing at my luck in Dark Souls)

1 Like

Cat says no keyboard access, I say I just move her to type this

2 Likes

am i the only one who doesn’t see the appeal of catboys

where’s my geckoboys

give me anthro lizards who don’t look like sorlag from quake pls thanks

but yes, elves are nice and i always tend to gravitate towards them in most mediums, warcraft to homm to even scoia’tel in witcher x

i just want to play a frog person tbh

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/1/1f/Grungs-5e.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20171010182736
or
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/chrono/images/e/e6/Frog.png/revision/latest?cb=20191204205710
or
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/mighty355/images/2/2d/Tsuyu_Asui.png/revision/latest?cb=20190817222508

the truest of heroes

1 Like

i was mvp in the yeti boss fight in our dnd campaign by absolutely obliterating it with burning hands and two firebolts

then found a spellbook

it’s been a good night so far

1 Like

Got a +3 Onyx Blade (upgrades with twinkling titanite)

Brutally defeated Abyss Watchers with it.

Speaking of scantily clad FF14 characters, here’s my male elezen;

1 Like

I have a cat (good)

I have a boy (good)

put 'em together

unnh

catboy

Trying out Final Fantasy and so far it’s okay. Its glamour system seems needlessly complex however.

1 Like

It needs a total overhaul, as does the inventory system in general. The latter is a hold over from 1.0’s coding but the glamour system has no excuse to be the state it’s in other than it was rushed out in 2.0 to save time.
Needs an image capture system much like WoW, as the number of glamour pieces exponentially increases with each expansion.

3 Likes

Not so much complex as needlessly obtuse and arcane and poorly explained in-game. You spend a prism to snapshot the look of an item, the non-intuitive part is that it’s removed from your inventory to be stored in the glamour dresser (which is inconvenient if the item is currently BiS for you). FFXIV needs an appearance collection completely independent from any kind of storage, like WoW.

Typically, you spend X prisms to set up your glamour plate once, and then reapply it every time with the press of a button for no additional cost. (Applying is actually more convenient than in WoW, you just need to be in one of the capital cities and it’s free.) But the name “glamour plate” is poorly chosen and it’s not obvious that it’s basically a transmog preset. When I first heard the term, I thought it had something to do with plate armor.

2 Likes

you can also spend a prism and glamour an item directly without the need of the dresser.

1 Like

Unironically gonna say SWTOR had/has the best transmog system.

You have the kit you wear, and then ‘outfit’ slots, where you can stamp in the appearance of an item. And there’s multiple outfit slots.

I can swap between multiple different outfits, without once changing my physical gear/effecting my stats. Vastly superior.

I think Guild Wars 2 transmog was pretty good-- granted the last time I played was when the 1st expansion came out so IDK if they changed it since.

1 Like

Yes, but it’s inefficient in the long run since you have to spend a prism every time you glamour an item. On free trial, prisms are a pain to obtain.

If you rank up in your grand company, you can buy them for seals.

I’m practically drowning in them across all my characters.

LOTRO has a good system too. You can design a whole appearance set, then save it to a slot and switch between them anywhere without affecting the gear you’re actually wearing. My elf minstrel quests while wearing nothing but a light dress.

2 Likes