Pet peeves: The return (Part 1)

i mean sometimes yeah

but some DS PvPers are just actual puppies
the other day i got darkmoon blade summoned into the aldrich faithful area, and eventually found the host stuck on a ladder with 3 invaders standing at the top throwing things down at him

i really tried to be nice and make my presence known, i even called out, stood around a bit, wiggled my weapons, but they just somehow failed to notice that i was an enemy

So I launched all 3 of them off the edge with a greatsword swing

4 Likes

That the ladder down to where the 2 pontiff beasts are?

Wish you recorded it, wouldā€™ve been amazing to watch

1 Like

I guess Im just still jaded about the number of low level twinked out invaders that have ruined things in the past :joy:

Still sad that I made a lvl 1 run-through myself, and outfitted it like a horror monster; raggedy stone armour from Oolaciel, massive meat cleaver, plank shield and egg head.
I used to just advance threateningly at people, letting the parasite chatter at them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I think I either ran out of normal lowbies or made the mistake of levelling a little, and ended up only vs lvl 100+s ahaha. Rip.

1 Like

My only realy PvP experience is in 3 on the hollow warden twinblades.

Watch people panic run away when they take 2 hits and their bleed bar is nearly full.

Then throw a kukri at them to proc it.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the one, yeah. The host was just a little down from it, ready to start punching if they got on, while all three of them were completely tunnel visioned

and yes, I wish Iā€™d recorded it

yeah these suck majorly, whenever i run a new char i just speedrun up to the farron woods unembered, twinks tend to only be common in undead settlement and high wall of lothric

2 Likes

Managed to make my Elezen alt on Omega and I treasure him deeply.

I also made him a lancer and no I do not for a moment regret it.

4 Likes

Are you on?

Do you want a CWL invite?

Found the Estinien fanboy

3 Likes

I went out to the park after I made him but Iā€™ll jump on again later.

who isnā€™t, tho

1 Like

I know this is unreasonable, given what game heā€™s in, but I found him to be a bit too anime for my taste. Heā€™s alright, but could tone down the angst a bit (he kinda did in his appearances after Heavensward)

My main gripe with everything and I do voice my contempt for such things as much as opportunity allows.

Even so, Iā€™m tempted to try again if RP is avaliable.

absolutely not, thatā€™s his best feature

FF14ā€™s honestly at its best when it dives both feet into being completely ridiculous

1 Like

Thereā€™s less open world RP than on AD, but it does exist. I went to a market night event that gathered about 30 people yesterday. And thereā€™s a very active Discord for Chaos datacenter RPers.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/227358617374949377/868567972455796776/ffxiv_25072021_014622_627.png

I guess youā€™re right. At the time he did prompt a few eye rolls from me, but at this point heā€™s alright.

At the risk of angering the masses, I really dislike Gaia. At least from what Iā€™ve seen of her in the Eden quest line. Everything from her design to her personality. I just really not have patience for these characters anymore.

Walked into the Corvian Chapel wondering why Iā€™m getting invaded by Sir Vilhelmā€“

then remember that this isnā€™t my Onyx Blade character.

On topic of Warrior abilities, I always used to be one whoā€™d want everything to be realistic because of how I was introduced to WoW RP, and I think that was also during the peak of GoT so it influenced a lot of low-fantasy RPā€¦

ā€¦until Warlords of Draenor, where I joined TCG and someone in there actually had fun with the warrior abilities, and it was just so refreshing (and even encouraged!) that I just immediately gravitated towards it. If each class can do so many fun things, why canā€™t the warriors cause shockwaves or slam with such force they cause thunder to strike?

Granted, it was probably more into heavy headcanon and sprinkled in with some pseudo-Druidic stuff, but it was just very fun to RP with.

Or well, until Legion came that probably made all canon warrior abilities just Odynoid stuff, but I never had a high level warrior so I wouldnā€™t know.

I guess thatā€™s the peeve: Odyn. Odynā€™s always a peeve.

Odyn made the Maw terrible itā€™s literally his fault

8 Likes

The Eye-trade
Helyaā€™s transformation
The tearing away a good chunk of an Old Godā€™s prison (weakening it, so the Curse of Flesh was introduced, Loken went insane and tons of other consequences)
His tantrums
The guy is a good contender for the 'Azeroth biggest villain" tittle

As long as thereā€™s something beyond breeders trying to pull tails.