Pet peeves: The return (Part 3)

just because i can, i’m sharing my favourite ever gif. everytime i see it i can’t help but laugh

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HairyTastyEider-size_restricted.gif
3 Likes

Brilliant. But that name…

Hahaha I didn’t even notice that.

US overturned Roe v Wade

Ukraine got given EU candidate status (and ratifies Istanbul convention)

one country regresses, one country progresses

Oh Jesus Christ.

They’ve also overturned Miranda Rights too.

Well thankfully the store I bought it are usually good chaps. They’re gonna test it, and with some luck ill still get a replacement. Had that happen before, since its usually always the wire that ends up being the weak spot of that headset ( an MSI DS502). But overall, when it works, it’s a really darn good headset.

Forwards into reverse!

:musical_note: And I’m proud to be an American
Where at least I know I’m free
And I won’t forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I’d gladly stand up next to you
And defend Her still today
'Cause there ain’t no doubt
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A. :musical_note:

honestly the absolute state of this so called leader of the free world

A leftover legacy from orange man by rushing another conservative judge into their Supreme Court.

Still, I thought rights were supposed to be maintained and sometimes expanded, not taken away.

1 Like

it is the nature of fash to use any means, legal or otherwise, possible to enact their agenda and the nature of liberals to meekly watch and do nothing

6 Likes

If only they’d learn that it’s not bad to be intolerant of intolerance, and that no, some people and ideas should -not- be allowed a stage to preach from.

5 Likes

I’m out of the loop. What’s that? Was it something trans rights or abortion related?

It’s a court decision which gave a right to privacy for abortion, meaning states couldn’t ban it. Overturning it has meant that it’s now up for individual states to decide, which means that several states which already had provisions in place (you can probably guess most of them) have automatically banned abortion.

Right, I see. Yeah that’s fd up. Not entirely out of character for America, unfortunately.

Not in the US where law is dictated by corporate fiat to prop up pharma, firearms and conspicuously tax exempt fundamentalist evangelical christian money mills. The holy cow of states’ rights was invented as a figleaf for unpalatable race laws and is invoked like a spell against or in favour of anything.

Thus women’s bodily autonomy is turned into a stateside issue but carrying concealed firearms cannot be left up to individual states because it’d cut into profits.

Don’t forget trap laws!

In the same week the US Supreme Court have decided abortion laws are up to the states themselves to figure out but also decided gun laws are not up to the states themselves to figure out.

So let’s see here:

• You cannot sue a police officer if they didn’t read you your Miranda rights
  • Tax money will now be spent for public religious schools (churches are still not taxed, btw)
  • Public schools can be sued into oblivion by parents for discussing sexuality or the not so happy parts about American history (if I understand things corrextly)
  • Abortions made illegal in a large amount of states even if the embryo isn’t viable, nonconsensual or dangerous to the mother
4 Likes

I don’t know what you mean. They’re going to instigate major change. They’re comparing this to their favorite Harry Potter scenes as we speak.

gonna throw those books in a blender with the west wing and set both on fire

1 Like

The looming years as the House of Orange assumes the american throne makes me wonder how long it’ll take for the US to finally earn its pariah rogue state status.

Just more authoritarianism creating more legal immunity for the enforcer caste.

An effective step in the path to hollow out education entirely and make private christian schools the norm to produce obedient workers who don’t question the state of things and intergenerationally grow a population that supports the rule of the new order.

So as to produce more children and outbreed the opposition.

2 Likes

It’s a good day to not be American.

As the US turns, europe follows. In all its chaotic flaws it emboldens and normalizes these policies in other countries.