Pet peeves: The return (Part 3)

I’ve had the opposite. Came in, my co-workers didnt do anything yesterday

Came to work, had to show the new guy where the correct door is. Chatted with him for a bit. Co-worker later spots new guy, asks who the good looking guy is. She looked at me funny when I told her his name.

Co-workers plz behave?

Oh and I ordered some books.

Girls will be girls :woman_shrugging:t2:

I do remember having a giant crush on a lady at work (I left her alone but she was so pretty jesus christ)

1 Like

First work crush was a ginger named Jenny

That M&S store was interesting

Mood :pensive: Office Romances…

I’ve not had a crush since I was but a tiny teen…

3 Likes

I am happy I haven’t had a crush in several years.
I don’t like having a crush on someone, its a rush of emotions I normally don’t have to deal with so I find having one is overly exhausting mentally.

2 Likes

Let me just tell you–

Don’t, its awful to get in your throat. I was coughing and spluttering for an hour.

I had to give up on my fist playthrough in ER, it was annoying me.

1 Like

Also, when you literally want every boss to kill him;

Didn’t know Gideon could use Scarlet Aeonia, that makes his a lot scarier.

Vid spoilers

Love Gideon trying to do Scarlet Aeonia on Morgott and Morgott’s just standing there like; “yeah, I’m not going anywhere near that thanks.”

1 Like

Yay, alien trash goblins.

4 Likes

Ah, well, there goes my money lmao.

Actually well enough to try Malenia.

Got her down 3/4s in her 1st phase so, wish me luck.

Literally the last boss I need to kill, after this just have a few things to pick up before I can start NG+1

EDIT: Stsarting to notice, you can’t roll and scroll through items at the same time.

So I’ve watched the first episode of Rings of Power.

Yeah, it’s good. I can’t say I was blown away, but I’m intrigued. This Galadriel’s acting is already miles better than Cate Blanchett’s, and it’s really sweet to see the first commercial on-screen rendition of some wider lore that I didn’t expect to be featured.

Spoilers

My inner Tolkien geek is ecstatic! Valinor! The Two Trees! Finrod! Pastime of elven children! Men of the Second Age! Morgoth is called by name with First Age flashbacks oh my nonexistent god

If I were to nitpick: Finrod shouldn’t have called Galadriel by that name as a child. Her birth name was Artanis, Galadriel is a kind of nickname that she acquired well into adulthood. But I understand why they did that.

Not sure yet how all the original characters will fit into this, especially the Harfoots, but we’ll see.

Also, is Galadriel going to just swim to Middle-earth? From the middle of the open sea? I call shenanigans. Amroth tried and failed, and he was closer to the shore.

Another nitpick: other than Galadriel, most of the elves have pretty un-elvish facial features. I understand the Ability Over Appearance trope, but could the showrunners at least have given them long hair?

Going to watch episode 2 tomorrow.

1 Like

I’ve had a surprise nap
Where even am I?

1 Like

7 Likes

I don’t have an Amazon subscription so I cannot watch it, but I’m glad that you like the series! I’d love to watch it myself sometime soon.

I also learned a new term for Tolkien-purists that cry about everything that even remotely deviates from the books in their eyes. The Tolkien-taliban, and honestly, I like the term.

2 Likes

Amazon Prime has a free trial if you haven’t used it for 12 months.

Of course, I don’t bother with that because there’s no way I’m allowing DRM into my browser. The skull and crossbones is the only way.

Seeing how much of the stuff they fuss about is based on a misinterpretation of what Tolkien wrote, or on willfully assuming things Tolkien denied, calling them more Catholic than the Pope would also be correct.

2 Likes

A 12-month trial? That does sound pretty good… or did you mean, haven’t used one in 12 months? I need not worry though, I’ve never touched it.

Arr… The lass knows what’s up, matey.

2 Likes