Pet peeves: The return (Part 3)

With all this DA talk, has anyone else noticed the structures floating in the distance to east of the Seat of the Primus in Maldraxxus?

They kinda remind me of the Fade and these - to me - look very similar to the ones we see in the Fade aswell.

2 Likes

I have to say I think the ending of Tresspasser was the real highlight of the game.

The Inquisitor standing over the battle map with his companions, considering where Solas might have gone. The instrumental for Linkin Parkā€™s What Iā€™ve Done drums away in the background as the camera pulls in close for for the final line of dialogue: ā€œItā€™s inquisitinā€™ time.ā€. The chorus hits at full volume as the end credits roll.

5 Likes

Itā€™s the one called John Dragon Age?

The DA talk makes me wanna pick up Origins again.
Sadly I took my very long DA:O break somewhere in the Fade portion of the game, so now Iā€™m stuck playing Medieval Dark Fantasy Mouse Simulator.
Guess Iā€™ll go and see whether a walkthrough canā€™t save the day.

I also have to continue Elden Ring but that damn chariot just doesnā€™t let me jump on it. Is this the Secret True Boss?

Have a great Sunday everyone.

I always walkthrough the fade section of Origins. I did my time wandering around aimlessly for hours on my first playthrough, never again.

Some people mod in to skip the fade but I still think itā€™s worth doing for the permanent stat boosts and the companion interactions.

I do not look forward to doing THAT hero grave again.

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/816

Having recently replayed the game without that mod, I can promise you miss absolutely nothing by using this.

2 Likes

Leo is just stretched out on my bed.

How dose one small animal take up so much room?!

You miss a little bit of character moment with your companions (which dream the demon uses to try and keep them trapped) but thatā€™s it and itā€™s not worth the slog to get them

my memory of the mod tells me you still get those moments, it just skips everything in between them (the backtracking for new powers and mindless fighting).

but I also havenā€™t used it in years, maybe Iā€™m misremembering

1 Like

My cousin had the bright idea to get the console version
And then had me play this section.

This did not spark joy.

1 Like

i remember it just skipping that entire section to the point where you donā€™t even enter the fade at all

but equally, for me it has been years too

idk why I was going off memories, the description has words I could read with my ocular orbs:

Description

This mod is intended for everyone who like me hates the Fade. I always had problems finding a way out of this labyrinth, so I created this mod (partly also because of a request in the forums).
When you defeat Duncan and use the pedestal, you will be teleported to each of your companionā€™s nightmares. If all companions are rescued, just click on the pedestal and you will be teleported to the Sloth Demon. From there on all will proceed as usual: kill the Sloth Demon, Neil appears and you are teleported back to the Circle Tower.

Details

• You will be teleported to each of your companionā€™s nightmares.
  • If all companion quests are done, you will teleported to the final boss.
  • You get all the attribute points, codex entries and XP you normally would get, when you complete the Fade.

so assuming itā€™s not broken it should give you full story+none of the timewasting mouse shenanigans.

3 Likes

oh ok then yeah thatā€™s great

lmao nerd!!!

1 Like

Skip the Fade does give you the permanent stat boosts and the scenes where you free your companions.

Edit: Damnit, I see others beat me to it.

The latest Gundam seriesā€™ prologue episode is up on their official youtube channel, itā€™s an entirely new setting with zero backstory baggage so a good jumping on point.

Full series drops in October.

(theyā€™ve also got a playlist of the entirety of Gundam Wing HD remaster (subbed) if you want a nostalgia hit - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx8id2TZBKVSeEM7lnOHCPQB)

Welp, done with that rabbit hole.

Jesus Fricking Christ.

I was morbidly curious and looked a rather fricked up manga up and have spent 8 hours reading the whole thing andā€¦ I canā€™t really put my thoughts into words other than the fans shipping the two main characters really need to read up on what abuse is.

1 Like

You canā€™t say that and not drop the title. Time to share with the class.

Killing Stalking.