Pet peeves: The return (Part 3)

See that’s been my experience with Papa Johns and esp. dominoes, but pizza hut’s generally been fine for me. Maybe ours are just built different.

Not that I get chain pizza that often, usually I go for a local takeout place instead.

That’s already taking the fast away from fast food. I don’t want to do any extra work, I just want to funnel pizza into my gaping maw like the hoover from the Teletubbies.

Agree, if I am required to do extra work to make the pizza better then that’s not a fair comparison.

It’s like saying “Oh well this chicken place is better if you stick the chicken back in the oven for another 10 minutes and season it more.”

Papa Johns was my go to when we used to live close to one, now we are closer to Dominoes and they are fine but just not the same.

1 Like

It upsets me that pizza is considered a fast food…
And it was more of an advice for any pizza you find too greasy.

I’ve had pizza hut twice and it was always terrible. (Also stuffed crust is an abomination) And the other two are apparently only available in Hamburg?
Local takeout place it is.

I recall pizza being a snack and not an actual meal.

I recall pizza being a luxury and an entire event. Gosh I’m old.

You are wrong and history will remember only this about you.

Actually it was as square made from leftovers and had aloooot more topping, at least when my grandma made it.

At least i will be remembered

Oh, there’s an r/Ireland megathread on Reddit. This should be good.

1 Like

the one on r/Scotland last night was particularly spicy

1 Like

Here pizza as a meal wasn’t even sold until 1990 and I’m fairly certain homemade wasn’t a thing either before that.

my wife just got her papers from the embassy of Italy letting her vote in the elections back there.

silvio berlusconi is back on the docket. absolutely baffling

2 Likes

I’ve been hearing that genuine fascists are likely to win the Italian elections. Scary stuff.

1 Like

Isnt Mussolinis daughter heavily involved in those politics?

2 Likes

It’s his granddaughter I think, but yeah, she’s in Italian politics. I can’t remember if she’s actually anyone important though.

3 Likes

they can’t hold a government together over there for more than ten minutes. it’s truly wild and living there for a while made me appreciate how much more stable our own system is

1 Like

Our own election is Sunday. From polls it seems like our ww2 party has gained alot of support too sadly.

my wife told me she voted for the only woman on the docket. i hope she hasn’t just made a terrible choice

5 Likes

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/jim-carrey-alessandra-mussolini-twitter-fascism-italy-a8848631.html

She gets a little bit touchy over jokes about her fascist granddaddy’s passing.