Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Oh no, my class alignment is once again forced into Chaotic Neutral

Is that going to be an issue with Mythic Paths?

Nah, you’re good - you can stay one step away from the usual alignment and be fine

okay thank god because otherwise i was going to book a flight to Cyprus so that I could Have Words with the devs

also please tell me there’s a lizard pet, I found a Tiger and a Foxtube so I’m assuming this is something that you’ll find several types later

Not a lizard as such - there are 6 of the noncombat pets, 5 for you since one was a preorder bonus - but there are two tiny dragons. One comes way later in the game but one only needs a free DLC download called A Visitor from Distant Lands

Most classes that have animal companions can choose a big lizard, too

Looking back at the non ESO games, I have to say… Every race is absolutely hideous no matter what you do.
(mods notwithstanding)

Well… that’s racist!

Sunday sucks and is just busywork to prep for mondays.

I had a dream last night that I was at work

can’t even rest on my days off :pensive:

2 Likes

Dreams often reflect the experiences of your waking world and what your imagination allows you to build with it. It’s a measure for the size of your cage.

no I watched a tiktok and actually dreams are definitely transporting my consciousness to an alternate reality

I guess the other me in that reality just gets a few hours of pitch black void while I do so.

i’m truly a wagie cagie

2 Likes

You actually dream every night but certain chemicals keep your awareness of it in the void so that sleep becomes a brief flash of black instead of having to spend what feels like days in Torso the Clown’s razor basement and making sleep an ordeal to endure.

You remember dreams when said chemicals get disrupted.

Rats dream about what they have done and what they want to do.

The nightmare here is the blinding RGB glare of all of Torso’s overpriced electronics.

1 Like

Like many clowns, Torso is a proud Gamer.

Restarted my V Rising save, dodged everything to get my base up into Gloomrot where I can chill.

Just need to be able to make a castle waygate and everything will be Gucci.

Do need to stop teleporting to Dunley instead of Farbane though.

Saw a FB post/article about Lance Reddick as Sylens in the Horizon series, and wondering how they’ll deal with his sad passing in terms of the last game.

Seeing people already piping up about A.I. this, A.I. that. Someone even said, unironically, it would be ‘in keeping with the games theme’.
What, the theme that hyper-capitalistic grift will damn the entire planet, you stupid-

Recasting characters when their original (voice) actor can’t do the role anymore, for whatever reason, is not only fine but it should be expected.

Sometimes it can be a bit jarring but like…it is what it is. Old Man Xehanort had three incredibly talented VAs (Leonard Nimoy, Rutger Haeur, Christopher Lloyd) over two games due to death, it is what it is. Much better people get work than desecrating corpses by digitizing their voice.

4 Likes

I hope they don’t recast him for Destiny, though, it feels… wrong in that particular case. Although they might just do what they did for another major character, recast to give the character a proper (and very permanent) send-off.

Some better adjusted minds pointed out that Keith David, while not having quite the same tonal mannerisms/quirks that made Lance such a distinct VA, isn’t a million miles off. I reckon he could definitely make it work.

Keith David always does good work. It won’t be the same as Lance, but it’s definitely a good choice nonetheless.

Also G-Witch stuff: Apparently Schwarzette can be roughly translated from german as “black girl” so though I had previously theorised it was going to be Prospera’s suit (it has a big quiet ZERO on the head!!), with the path Suletta is now taking I’m wondering if it’s going to be hers instead, fighting against Aerial to follow the path she self-actualises for herself.

Demi-Barding has an official release date of 10th of June, so we’re gonna get to see who pilots it before then I’m guessing. It’s probably Chuchu…but you never know.