Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

I will accept LeVar Burton as his replacement, though.

Ackshually you are wrong. There are angels of all good alignments, including chaotic. It’s archons who are the inherently lawful good celestials, as agathions are neutral and azata chaotic.

Pulura, a chaotic good empyreal lord, is an angel for example.

Of course, in the context of WotR, angels are lawful good, because the angels who’ve historically shown up are those who serve Iomedae.

I’m going to pee your pants

I can’t believe I wrote my post about Pathfinder in a different topic, and I can’t believe I didn’t notice it until AN HOUR later.

that’s my new peeve

1 Like

When I make those mistakes, Cro usually saves me.

Tis true.

Very often like; “did you mean to post X comment in Y thread?”

1 Like

In other V Rising news; My base is a funny craphole.

I have a very neat little castle where I’ll put tables, chairs-- you know, make it a real home. Only for it to be overshadowed by the monstrosity on the platform behind it which is my workshop which is sprawling with weirdly shaped rooms and floating platforms with only stairs to hold them in place.

1 Like

I must return to work, after 2 weeks off.
I have to set alarms for 6am and 6.30am as backup.

I woke up at 5am. Its now 5.35.

Low, heartfelt screaming
:skull:

Me, whose workday begins at 6:30:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/552/014/b38.jpg

I love monday migraines :skull:

I’m going to poop yours if I’m FORCED to correct you again.

Dagoth Ur (facility)

Just don’t leave this thread. Easy

here’s a blessed image

4 Likes

Trapinch is so cute.

One of the founding members of Bite Club, it is wild what he evolves into

1 Like

I rp with someone who’s muse has a shiny trapinch
 called guacamole. I love it

2 Likes

Out of all the spells introduced in Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything, there’s only one I hate: dream of the blue veil. But it’s one of my most hated spells in the entire game.

Not just because it’s yet another result of WotC switching from “it’s your world, do what you want” to “there’s only one D&D multiverse” for marketing reasons, mostly for the purpose of peddling D&D/MtG crossovers and for making official D&D worlds more of a brand. Though this alone would make me want to delete this spell from the game.

But also because of its sheer campaign-derailing potential. For a 7th level spell slot, your entire party can leave the DM’s meticulously crafted world and appear on some world that may be completely irrelevant to the campaign and that the DM may have no interest in exploring. The saving grace is that the spell requires an item or creature from the target world, so access to it is mostly at the DM’s discretion, though the DM may end up giving such an item to the players by accident.

The real problem with this spell is that the players aren’t really supposed to decide where the adventure takes place. It’s up to the DM or the adventure designers. If the plot calls for the players to travel somewhere, be it across the sea or to another world, it’s up to the DM to give players the means to do so. It doesn’t have to be easy, and in fact obtaining the means of transportation can become an adventure of its own. (“Yes, my Dimension-Matic 3000 can transport you across worlds, but first, you must find and collect the six scattered Transfinite Jewels into the Kan’torr Glove!”) This spell is intended as a story-enabler, but instead it can act as a potential story-killer, by giving players access to what has traditionally been part of DM agency.

Genuine question, what’s the difference between this and Plane Shift/Teleport?

A high-level wizard can already decide ‘actually nah I’m going to the City of Brass’ and the DM can restrict the material component and/or the spell itself if they don’t want to deal with it

Yeah, DotBV falls into the same sort of area as plane shift for me: good luck casting it to any real effect unless I, as the DM, want you to.

Also if they are trying to plane shift out of my campaign out of the blue, it kinda implies that something somewhere has gone wrong with the engagement/social contract.