Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Classic wowheads having a meltdown over tokens being added

Lol, lmao

People cowering from their violence is how they win.

The actual correct answer. If you really want accuracy, thatā€™s how you get it.

With broad strokes, you have an enormous pool of egyptian or otherwise authentic looking people to play roles. I know mr hollywood casting agent wonā€™t fly to cairo to find actors but at least try to find someone in california with egyptian parents. Itā€™s less work than square-peg-round-holeing gary oldman to be paraoh or caving to the hoteps.

3 Likes

Just happy to be building obelisks again.

1 Like
7 Likes

Down with the GDI!

2 Likes

I am once again demanding my Tiberian Sun remaster.

2 Likes

CABAL: A division of Hassanā€™s Elite Guard is closing in on our position. The probability of a favourable outcome can be increased, if we are able to fall back to your main base and engage the enemy as we move.

Slavik: Define ā€œfavourable outcomeā€, Cabal.

CABAL: They all die.

Slavik: Thatā€™ll do.

4 Likes

GDI had James Earl Jones in their corner and they still had zero competition against Slavik, Oxanna, and Kane.

1 Like

Unless the units in Pharaoh are skeletons and statues, Iā€™m not here for it.
#TombKing4unlife

3 Likes

AoE2ā€™s main theme may be more ā€˜iconicā€™, but the original still slaps hard.

Wolololo!

Kane lives!

1 Like

You mean new technology.

1 Like

We fight for NOD! ( Says the filthy GDI player).

1 Like

Full neuron activation.

Yes, down with Graphics Device Interface, itā€™s an obsolete API and weā€™d be better off building atop something more modern, like Direct2D or maybe Skia.

(Yes, I know which GDI you actually mean)

1 Like

Iā€™m still sad how that series was ended. It was a campy setting, but still very rich in lore, and alot of potential for books, series or maybe even a movie past the games. But alasā€¦ I doubt we will see it. And if Kane isnā€™t played by Joe Kucan anyway, they might aswell go homeā€¦

Atleast it gave us Jordan Peterson memes though:

2 Likes

Just in case anyone here is frequantly on ao3 and still hasnā€™t bothered with getting an account: Because of AIs scraping the site many authors either already have or are thinking about restricting their stuff to members only.

Getting an account includes a little waiting time but is fully free. You can also ask around if anyone happens to have an invite that gets you around the wait time. (No I donā€™t have any)

stop subtweeting me GOSH (wonder if thatā€™s why iā€™ve seen fewer posts, do restricted stuff show up as results and then tell you theyā€™re restricted, or do you simply not see any?)

and would i have to search for those specific authors then or will i see restricted content normally?

My grudge for them randomly turning a fun RTS series into a pseudo-moba, after which it promptly died only to be dragged out for a brief stint as a mobile game and then died again, will never be extinguished.

1 Like