Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

The talk about furry art always makes me think about how many people who complain about said art have no idea that a bunch of the monster art they enjoy comes from the exact same furry community.
It’s not all disney over there.
And you should probably side-eye the people who keep linking new example of “bad cringy furry art” somewhat regularly. And tell them off for that kind of behaviour.
Just… something I wanted to mention.

That’s because it’s terrible to animate. It makes it so that you either have to work around horrible amounts of model stretching and distortion or you have to fuse their neck, restricting movement.

You can work with the latter (the former just looks horrible at that level of curve) but it runs the risk of having the movements very stiff looking.
For better translations of that kind of hunch we’ll need to wait a couple more years for some smart people to figure out how to make realistic stretch and pull of muscles not require so much effort.

Most tall WoW races have teeny tiny heads when you shave them down. You can just see it on Dracthyr because you can remove all the horns and other bits. It’s cursed knowledge.

2 Likes

Marky is definitely deep in the uncanny valley.

2 Likes

The only thing they’re missing is what Elder Scrolls was brave enough to give the Argonians.

yet they could do quilboar just fine

guess all the talent just left the art department

based

instead quilboar already exist in the game and they look amazing, with a very prominent hunch. same with tauren.

call it whatever you want- it’s the same garbo that reminds me of zereth mortis models

What, pray tell?

but quilboar don’t have the skeletons of a hunchback of notre dame nor are they animated like one

2 Likes

actually

• Furbolg
  • Tauren
  • Quilboar
  • Gnoll

all have extremely pronounced hunches- And the stiffness they restrict the body with are and used to be something that makes them very unique.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/653602544630628366/1111767254133129276/image.png
Every single Quilboar has some sort of hanging back ornament thingy to hide this during the one animation they have that makes them look upward
Modellers generally do not like doing this. We’re moving into a territory of animation where model clipping is becoming frowned upon more and more.
The hunch will come back once someone sorted it out, I promise.

Nah

They just wanted Gnoll to be less stiff when they made the new model with what we currently have.

But anyway
It’s okay to not enjoy an art style

7 Likes

They can keep it gone tbh.

Excellent! A creative solution to preserve the original feel and look of the model.

You even see this in many tauren and quilboar and old gnoll animations. When they do unarmed attachs, they have to swivel and lean their whole upper body because the spine will not bend to accommodate a really long reaching blow otherwise.

Gnolls esp. Do this funny limbo lean backwards when they punch with their old models or use a 1h attack, because their spine doesn’t accommodate the same movement a normal spine does.

I’m sure that it is frustrating to work with- But that’s where real creativity comes from. Working with the limits what you have and making something great.

yeah because it was the easier thing to do

Yeah idk as someone who isn’t fond of current dracthyr and more disney looking edits and would much rather have a more brutish buff option for dracthyr, gnolls are really not a good example of the negative. The update is an absolute improvement over the 3.5 polygon wc3 leftover and don’t in the slightlest bit scream “furry” to me.

The quillboar looked goofy and still look goofy imo, but now in high res.

6 Likes

Unironical take here, but that sounds like a skill issue. Normal pandĂŚmonium is a joke, we 5-manned the first boss earlier on normal because both the healers and the RDM died.
Most of the new mechanics are VERY VERY visible and fairly lenient in terms of what you have to do.

Won’t spoil the raid story, but if you loved Elpis you should go do Pandæmonium raid story too, builds abit onto it and is honestly better than MSQ is atm.

1 Like

That’s one way of calling it a blodgey, polygonal mess from 2004, yes.

It’s 2023, thank god they’re finally updating outdated aspects of the game, albeit at a snails pace.

4 Likes

anyway if you want art, go play myhouse wad from doom 2 (made by Veddge)

You should check that scene again (or stop taking twitter at its word) because there is a line in between those two things

The line where ebyssian admonishes sabellian and reminds him that Wrathion is his brother

2 Likes

:dracthyr_shrug: at this point
you know which topic
if you don’t you’re better that way

Sorry but
“Do you not see that your fates are bound? Deny it as you might, he is your brother and you are his. Two wings that must learn to fly or fail together, before it is too late.”
is not a valid response to “Yes, you are cannon fodder, just like these slitherdrakes are.”

1 Like

It should also be noted that wrathion fully set himself up to be called fodder there.

Pretty sure he’s into it.
Furthermore dracthtyr emoji
:dracthyr_a1:

1 Like

It is too late Elenthas. I have already drawn myself as the Dracthchad and you as the Wojthyr

4 Likes