Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

SPEAKING OF DRAGONS!

A Blood Dragon showed up out of nowhere whilst I was stuck in the sky with the orb of light that is Meridia, the dragon started to ATTACK the orb and the orb was genuinely throwing hands at the dragon, punching it with invisible fists lmao.

Suffice to say I was stuck up there because it broke the conversation and I couldn’t draw my weapons or shout so I had to reload, wait for the dragon then kill it.

4 Likes

Truly Skyrim at it’s finest

2 Likes

Only in Skyrim would a Daedra’s appearance that our mortal minds can handle be an ORB.

And said ORB throw hands with a dragon.

And only in Skyrim can you abuse a certain standing stone’s power to resurrect the same person 10 times to just feed them to the sword of another Daedric creature.

i return after acing top of the class marks in my course. how we be pet peeves.

me im peeved its not next week. i need me my necrom

6 Likes

Another dragon touches the BEACON.

2 Likes

Staggering through the front door with a bag of loot after weeks of absence, covered in cuts and bruises and just shouting “WIFE! MEAD!” seems like a typical Nord style marriage in the Skyrim tradition.

1 Like

What race arcanist shall you produce?

Currently learning how many things need specifically my right index finger to work properly

surprisingly large number

(it’s picked up an infection from the field, should be fine)

Are you an explorer, scientist, militia?

Worst of all - a LARPer

No, the worst would be a gymnast.

Same with the DBD ones. Get to rank 70 and you get all the currency back you put in.

Finfections suck. Yes, when they’re that frequent they get a new word.

System shock remake comes out after like a million years in development hell and so far seems to be received positively, which is a pleasant surprise that it didn’t end up as yet another kickstarter failure.

1 Like

Slightly odd peeve of mine, the weird suddenly grown increase in absolute hatred of Rings of Power.

The show wasn’t the best thing ever and it did have flaws and oddities, including some changes to the lore and decisions that did not completely make sense.

But it was still enjoyable, well-made and had some really good moments & some characters that I very much enjoyed. In the end it was alright.

The initial reception from the larger “fanbase” seemed to have been a mix between neutral to slightly negative, but in the last like month or so, I’ve seen a pretty sudden and huge spike in people and groups outright calling it one of the worst things ever made and just such a large, sheer amount of pure hatred towards it. (Alot of it is also as usual, suspiciously targeted at the women of the show+the poc actors).

I know those people are generally smelly, but I just don’t understand why it went from fairly mild receptions to such aggressive hatred after some time had passed. It is also again very ironic seeing people being angry that it strays from the source material, yet praises the Jackson movies who did so quite heavily(even more so than Rings of Power).

Could it be that as the show leaves the public eye, only those with strong opinions are left to discuss it?
I know I wouldn’t let a show stay rent-free in my head half a year (or however long it’s been) after watching it, if I only found it to be okay.

1 Like

It may have also sprung back into the public eye with the news that it will continue to film its second season despite the writer’s strike
https://ew.com/tv/rings-of-power-to-wrap-season-2-without-showrunners-during-writers-strike/

Also the weirdo side of thing has been getting mad about Aragorn’s MtG card art (he’s black) so there’s probably a knock-on effect from that.

3 Likes

I’ve subscribed to one youtube who happens to be a Spanish native speaker (but does all his content in English, the only Spanish he’s used in the videos is to translate stuff from RE4R)
Now youtube insists I understand Spanish.

It’s the toxic parts. Everyone else has either moved on or is currently having fun with a decently sized Tolkien revival on tumblr (and I guess some parts of twitter? idk). If you aren’t willing to move on yet and also aren’t willing or able to engage with stuff on tumblr the only thing that remains is salt for a lot of people.

1 Like

One Vulpera demo lock now at 60.

Will wait until MoP timewalking to get her to 70 i guess, don’t want to hard slog it on the last day of cata timewalking, especially because I am tired and am thinking of having a laydown.

The 50% xp buff starts when the cross over event ends, if that’s any help.