Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Netflix deserves all the hate and rage for what they did to Henry Cavil.

And I don’t mean his brand, the fact how they wanted to butcher the source material and characters, i mean what they did to Henry as a person, specifically.

3 Likes

Yeah….I’m not a Witcher fan myself, but the way Netflix treated and reacted to the guy was rotten. Corporations can be big babies sometimes.

A lot of the time.

Most of the time…?

5 Likes

I can tell you if it was a female star getting fired because they refused to compromise on the integrity of the source material and because they refuse to be treated like a sex object, the internet would be in flames.

But, alas, Henry is a guy and a rather introverted one too, so the fact that he refused to film entire episodes as shirtless solely as eyecandy for the opposite sex rather than for any plot reason, it seems completely a-okay for them to do him dirty like that.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

4 Likes

As opposed to how it’s not in flames right now? Are we seeing the same internet?

Wasn’t the reason he got fired because on set he was too much of a Gamer™ in the negative aspects of a Gamer™ sense?

I would like one week without my head starting to feel like it’s been slammed repeatedly into a wall.

From all I could dig up on it, that was a gross misrepresentation basically coasting on “gamers are cringe + racist” attitudes to dismiss complaints about the inaccuracy of the series.

8 Likes

World of Warcraft?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/614559769902186509/1113188754325258350/image.png

Yeah, it’s booming :sunglasses:

No. Levey put it well below:

Of course, the people who subscribed to that said belief had no trouble painting Henry with the exact same brush because:

1. He is a guy
  2. He is a nerd

Your attitude and/or assumptions about him and the case do not however surprise me in the slightest.

1 Like

Started playing Ghostwire Tokyo. Seems pretty neat so far, though I wasn’t a huge fan of the hand holding intro sequence.

depends if it crosses over with the MoP timewalking event.

A boost in EXP helps, don’t get me wrong. Just my preferred levelling path is dungeons.

We live in a strange age where any positive response to a product is the work of mindless CoNsUmEr simps and any negative response to a product is the work of toxic haters and various -ists and -isms. In fact the very act of criticism regardless of postivity or negativity is guaranteed to have large numbers of people publically label you a bastard.

With an xp boost, Dragonflight dungeons would be fine

A minor contributor to this hatred might be the fact that within a month, a Magic the Gathering set of cards based on the Lord of the Rings will be released.

In this particular interpretation of the Lord of the Rings, various characters including Aragorn, Eowyn and Merry are depicted as people of colour. Needless to say, some people on the internet are outraged about this.

2 Likes

Very possible.

I do like how Tolkien stuff seem to come and go in popularity every couple of years.

I never watched House of Dragon either, but yeah that sentiment has been very obvious among some crowds. And while I don’t doubt House of Dragon is done well, I don’t think I will watch it because I also tuned out of GoT after giving it a try(both books and show) because I just found the setting to be really boring alongside some more problematic stuff, but it’s also one of those where I can understand the appeal even if it didn’t reach me.

I had completely forgotten about this until you and Elenthas pointed it out. I’ve been very out of the loop on MtG stuff for a while now.

But that seems likely.

On a brighter note, seeing people I follow on twitter being incredibly excited for a Black Aragorn and Asian Legolas has been really nice - and I’ve managed to avoid most of the smelly responses.

I’m not a big fan of Aragorn’s sword design but the man himself? Immaculate, wonderful, no notes

3 Likes

I just looked up the new artwork and I agree, they look amazing! Aragorn especially really suits the look.

It gave me big fire emblem falchion vibes which is cool, I like that sword design, it just doesn’t feel very LOTR.

The character though? Looks great.

2 Likes

I also like the design for Sauron in the cards honestly.

I know the Jackson look is pretty iconic, but it’s nice to see new adaptations of him.

I bring the magic of pictures for all that do not wish to google

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/653602544630628366/1113226240367800391/image.png
That’s some good looking people

Personally also really like this Sauron card
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/653602544630628366/1113226240778829986/image.png

Peeve: Why do I, as someone who’s uncomfortable in the dark, always decide to go poking around the pitch black Depth in Zelda when it’s night?

2 Likes