Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

No wonder I’m not for turning

I can recommend both Styx: Master of Shadows and Shards of Darkness, for whatever it’s worth. If stealth games are your thing.

The setting is also quite cool.

Edit: As for myself, I bought WHTW3 early last week, and have been playing it since. I skipped the tutorial, but I have learned as I have played.

Unsurprisingly, greenskins and skaven are so far my 2 fave factions.

The AI on normal mode has pulled some very degenerate moves at time that feel like borderline cheating, but I have perservered. That, and I am still learning, so tit for tat.

On my 4th game where I play as Skarsnik and my friend as Archeon, after a rough back and forth with the dwarves, I finally managed to genocide them off the face of the earth. I also bullied the Skaven into giving up like half of their territory, before they offered me a peace pact to stop sacking their settlements. That’s what you get for skaven corruption.

But the god damn wood elves…

I initially went hot and hard into their lands directly west of the mountains, and was able to penetrate all the way to the capital of the province. However, it turned out that somehow, even after murdering his entire army with some creative shenanigans and 2 armies, I lost my first orc warboss (RIP urk), when I went to finish the Job with skarsnik, the Ai had somehow pulled a 15 stack wood elf army from its rear and proceeded to maim Skarsnik as well.

So I decided to do the only reasonable thing and send not one, not two, but 6 of my full 20 stack of my armies, bringing some all the way from the previously mentioned skaven lands to the border of the wood elf lands (that the AI was now regaining), and to put a cherry on top, declared WAAGH on the woodland sprites.

Funnily enough, for some reason Karl Franz’s army, despite not being allied with either them or the Vampire counts, also showed up as well as Kislev is mustering armies, though they have a non aggression pact with me since ny Archeon buddy beat them to pulp earlier.

Hell or high water, I will genocide all the wood elves till the trees speak no more.

WAAAGH

1 Like

That’s because it is cheating. As the most obvious example: it is unaffected by the fog of war and always knows where you’re at, as well as able to perfectly calculate the max distance your armies can move, so it will always park just outside of your max movement range in a stance you can attack in.

Thankfully ai is still dumb and can be tricked and baited hard, eg. take a single lord as a bait and sit your actual army on top of him in an ambush stance. 9 times out of 10 ai can’t resist the temptation and even if the ambush fails, if your bait was far enough from the enemy to exhaust most of their movement, your ambushing army should be able to catch up to them next turn even if they retreat.

2 Likes

It’s not so easy. The Wood Elf airforce starts in Dark Elf Canada. You have a long walk ahead of you.

Get yourself a power up montage! Turn all your lessons into Goku screaming.

Another step on my path to world domination.

New funny happened: i killed franz’s second army in an ambush after murdering the wood elves for good, him and his main army retreated to vlad’s territory, only for vlad to kill him.

Vlad then, a turn later offered me peace- So now, Kislev awaits. The green tide can not be stopped.

looks like they got lucky once :ireland:

Let me introduce you to my extensive collection of “living the dream” images.

Also genuinely have a blast with D4.

If you run away, you gain one.
If you move forward, you gain two.

:slight_smile:

Do it for her

Eh, I can’t say I am -that- much of a stealth enjoyer, though I would be willing to try an actual good one!

Ah, I ought to play the game again. With my refund I should probably get the chaos dwarf dlc instead.

My own favourites in the game are: dwarf, lizardmen, Ogres and Skaven. If I -had- to choose out of the four, then probably Lizardmen cause I’m just a sucker for dinosaurs, and its always fun to see the A.I. lose it’s marbles when I charge a Carnosaur right through their lines, then attack with the infantry once their backs are turned as they try desperately to get rid of said Carnosaur. (I’m a normal player aswell).

Skaven my favourite is definetly Ikit Claw just cause ratling guns and doom rockets.

1 Like

Play as dwarfs, ally with Lizardmen to buy dinosaurs. Problem solved.

1 Like

Motivation, you say?

2 Likes

Someone go get the white plastic chair and a Monster.

3 Likes

Hey, if you play Thorek you get a bonus dinosaur without having to worry about cold blooded diplomacy.

Blythan, if you’re reading this, I just showed your drawing to a friend of mine, and she said “whoever your artistic friend is, they’re amazing and I love it.” When you drew that image of Palpatine and the furry bears.

1 Like

That’s only one.
I play with unrestricted allied recruitment.
So have a great many half armies. Slayers and dinosaurs are scary.

don’t like cops, me

1 Like

It’s funny when accusations fly that one shouldn’t tar the cops of X country as being as inept, corrupt, hyperaggressive and outright trained to kill as the loathed US and A slave patrol occupation force when a large chunk of modern training is actively copied from them including paramilitary assault groups.

What wasn’t bad was made so by successful copying of the worst of the worst, taking cues from military repression tactics.

Blizz just raised the price of the subscription in Ukraine.

I can’t even think of anything witty or snarky to say to that, What The Actual F-