Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

They all go to the same Weaponising The Moon project when they’re done with us

Getting to the end of the ascended AU fanfiction that is Nightmare of Nunnally and getting this afterword.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/561287824964452363/1117404942878117898/24-o.jpg

well at least they recognised they went too far in some places too.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss :frowning: Little rat was happy with you.

2 Likes

Also peeve regarding Wotr.

Who designed Blackwater and why is it such a horrible dungeon?

1 Like

Blackwater’s fine
If they didn’t give you a free wand of lightning damage at the start I might be more miffed but they do, so…

The issue I’m having is that I gave the wand to Nenio because she has the highest device skill of my party, and she still misses every time.

The very first encounter at the starting room took 12 charges of the wand to finish because both her and Woljif kept “failing to overcome the spell resistance” with any of their lightning abilities & or the wand.

Despite being lvl 13 and having quite high stats. :frowning:

I also brought them down to like -800 hp and they still didnt die until I finally hit them with the lightning.

You flatter me more than I deserve, but I’m flattered nonetheless. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blackwater is probably the most annoying dungeon in WotR for sure – the salamanders can go to the abyss

1 Like

Elf ears and helmets.

https://i.redd.it/9sa8wviwmu0b1.gif

The main problem with Blackwater is it doesn’t communicate how to deal with it (target touch AC or saving throws, have easy access to lightning damage) and if you don’t have those then there’s a good chance you get locked inside because the door locks behind you and needs a big use magic device check

Heck backer dungeons, all my homies hate backer designs

3 Likes

That’s actually the most sensible thing to do and I’m surprised that more media don’t portray it this way.

In particular, I always describe Lintian tucking her ears under hoods and caps. Why would she stick them out, especially in freezing winter?

4 Likes

No. That’s wrong. They bend in initially sure, but then force their way through whatever material is adjacent to the actual lobe.
No matter what it is, the ear must go through.

That one npc telling me those ears must be freezing! Have a winter hat. The ears immediately pop right through…

1 Like

I acknowledge that ears flat under the helmet is probably correct, but also me like Elf ear

I like how some FF hats have material slots for ears of elezen. You still have the visible ear situation, but it’s covered.

Ear socks are adorable but have a practical limit.

They’re ear sheaths, as we all know elves are knife ears.
Huehuehue…
Bleh, I hate that apparent insult so damn much.

2 Likes

I hate hearing it outside the universe where it was invented.

2 Likes

I can agree on that.
Take it outta my RP, thanks.

2 Likes

enigma­­­­