Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

I’d forgotten about the Enigma because I just spawn the crystals into my inventory and bypass all of it

1 Like

Nice idea, good to do once, should have a skip built in once you’ve finished it once

The first time I heard it was Dragon Age: Origins. Is that where it came from?

It was conceptually very cool on the first run but it was not enjoyable

Yes, “knife ears” is Dragon Age slang. That’s where WoW RPers took it from, even though there are no attested uses of this slur in Warcraft lore.

1 Like

It’s also pretty dumb considering a ton of the races have pointy ears…

5 Likes

Rings of Power also decided to use it.

God what a brilliant show.

Better to be called knife ear than being put in the Book of Grudges.

Indeed. In fact there are more pointy-eared playable races in WoW than round-eared ones.

2 Likes

You know what they say about soft-ears…soft skulls…

1 Like

Coup the Grace them when they’re down. They have pretty high spell resistance so my party, mostly made out of physical characters, just decided went ham with Coup the Grace.

That being said, the middle lava room with AC 48+ monsters on Normal was a bit of a pain. Probably even worse when you’re playing on Core, so you haven’t even reached the painful parts yet (well, 3 hours later probably have).

At the very least, on Normal it wasn’t as painful as I was led to believe (though I had similar opinions about House at the Edge of Time). The actual ‘trash’ in the dungeon is however the hardest part, the bosses were weaksauce.

Apparently, the backer (Cohh) only designed the area, as in gave inspiration or w/e and the devs actually made the encounters. Which is believable, because when you watch Cohh’s playthrough of the game, he definitely would not have designed such an encounter.

Anyway, my peeve is Act 4 and not because of the camera mechanics, but because in WoTR, when the camera detects a 0.1mm tall object on the ground it immediately spazzes out when moving in combat, and that present in areas where everything literally moves aaaaaa, the camera movements got so obnoxious I had to turn off automatic movement and locking.

That at least made things a little better, but is a bit of a pain to get used to in turn based mode.

Also, the entire Act seems to tank the performance of the game a heavy bit, so I think I move my mouse to a correct button, but the game decides to lag and instead drop my click on some nearby area, and with the horrible hell of whoever designed WoTR’s UI (curses upon them) means I waste my round because the character decided to move to some place instead of y’know, doing what I wanted them to do… :pensive: :fist:

1 Like

The canon insult is donkey ears.

1 Like

I once met a dwarf in SW who indeed used a book of grudges, yet -also- insisted there was a Dung Eater (from Elden Ring) somewere in SW. After minutes of constantly talking about the white Crocolisk and not indulging their blatant insertion of other franchises, they dissappeared.

Donkey, pig or kobold/goblin , if I recall Day of the Dragon right…

Edit: Reforged peeve.

Decided to re-install it now that it has had some time to patch, but when I play I sometimes get this weird stutter which can sometimes mess up your micro bad…

I forgot this was an option. Will try that, thank you!

I’m playing an Aasimar Angel Crusader Cleric(Very original). But she is a good person.

That Darven guy from Kingmaker atleast gave you a ton of gold for agreeing with how awesome he was.

I’m Aasimar Seeker Oracle, but I think I gotta respec at some point because I feel like my original idea would’ve fit Warpriest better, and Nature’s Whispers isn’t really making me a tank as I thought either (apparently I need to take Armor Proficiency feat, yuck)…

I guess I’m just sort of indecisive and try to be too hybrid with feat-picking and end up not being great at anything, so I’ve just been relying on companions to carry me through.

Pretty sure Blackwater has some great loot too, no? At least for Casters (Stormlord’s Bracers I think?)

1 Like

Just don’t like the super tech of Blackwater, simple as

1 Like

I’ve built my cleric around being the main tank/buffer of the party, alongside some really powerful bonus healing.

Seelah is my secondary tank, Woljif is my meele dps, Nenio my spellcaster. Ember is my primary healer and then Aru as my ranged. Sometimes I use Lann instead though.

I used to have Camelia but she turned out to be not fitting so I killed her.

I have also re-gained Wendaug but no idea if I will use her. She is sitting backline with Regill, Greybor and Sosiel. Oh and the noble guy.

Yeah, I have Sosiel filling that role (especially since he can be a Domain Lord and I have mostly physical companions), it’s pretty awkward as I have no spellcasters in party - the autoleveling just kinda nuked Ember and Nenio for me.

Even tho Nenio and Ember are really fun companions.

I envisioned my MC being some sort of melee caster hybrid, but the spellbook he’s got is kinda meh and I thought as Azata I’d have big Enchantment spells so I got focus into Enchantment, but the lategame Enchantment spells are… laughable compared to Evocation/Conjuration. sadge

1 Like

Angel got some really stupidly fun/powerful ones, especially as Cleric. I can basically put any boss/elite(especially demons) to about 50% hp immediately with a lvl 6 ability(and stun them), aswell as give holy damage/radiant buffs and insta-heal all debuffs as AoE.

And big summons.

But Blackwater I am struggling hard with so far.