Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

have you considered frost magic that’s just fire but with blue effects?

2 Likes

I genuinely have, but I want some more variety that isn’t just fireball but blue. The problem with most RPGs I’ve found is that the answer to these things is usually ‘sub-class that turns other elemental spells to frost spells’ rather than more frost spells of their own, or a lack of frost magic except for very few cases in the most extreme of cases like Warhammer fantasy.

Of course, all that is still an option I still value which I will definitely use in some way or another, but it’s a little disheartening to find that even in the most spell-bloated of RPGs, frost only amounts to ‘frostbolt, frost nova, frost shield, ice wall’ to the point that D&D 5e has nearly the same amount of frost spells as acid spells; and the same goes for every element except fire, which usually has spell lists that nearly double or triple every other element type spell list.

https://dndtools.net/spells/descriptors/cold/

3.5 has a few more.

Thanks! I didn’t necessarily mean frost, just an observation I made which irked me, but knowing that 3.5’s spell lists have a far more options definitely makes me happier.

[goes to mirror] Monad help they’re bullying me online

1 Like

Fire is simply the coolest (heheheheh) elemental magic. Everyone loves a pyromancer.

Fire or lightning are objectively just cool things, especially for offensive magic

Yeah, I had an idea for some type of undead frost mage, but I might just go for fire instead if I keep struggling with it.

Azula gang rise up

1 Like

Finally! Can use a horse in D4.

Time to go buy every one available.

Finding out the Persona 3 remake is apparently only going to have content from the original, not FES or P3P (which includes the FeMC).

I’m almost certain it means they’re going to release a ‘Royal’ Edition later down the line, but man, feels bad. I’ll just skip the first release if that’s the case. Certified Atlus moment.

I have not encountered Atlus Moments before but if this is par for the course I will wait until they actually release P3R

Made 2nd Necromancer, basically a blood death knight.

I’m about to commit murder on the sun.

We’d die.
Have you tried just producing more clouds?

I see clouds outside but it’s still insufferable in my room. Been sat here all day unable to do anything because I feel ew.

Why is the weather liek thissss

Today I was feeling nostalgic looked in my MMO screenshot folder. Images from Dark Age of Camelot, Age of Reckoning, the final night of Tabula Rasa and a bunch of others. Which just ended up making me sad.

Then I stumbled onto my Star Wars Galaxies stuff and a thought occured. Was BFA and slands blizzards CU and NGE.

If you’re a financially independent adult then no one can stop you buying an inflatable pool, filling it with ice and water, putting it in your room and lying in it while you play videogames.

3 Likes

… You know what, I’m tempted.

Every time we do some damn troglodytes think it’s gubmint poisoning the crops.

2 Likes

Stonetower if you’re reading this I know long ago we joked that cometh the revolution you’ll have no choice but to shoot me -

Well now I come asking if you could come put me down regardless; I’m facing down another night without the time to sleep due to workload (second in two weeks) and honestly at this point it’d be a mercy

Just tell me about that little farm and the rabbits (GSCE English students will understand this reference)

1 Like