Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Not if they did To Kill A Mockingbird they won’t.

“Why yes I did ‘Of Mice and Men’ at school, how could you tell?”

https://i.seadn.io/gae/_9to9M96e2o7mE1U1o0oaPQ2s03Y3RSsm6Kubz9k9D4mwC2_oYDpIKTDATidGJv_X9JRyfFf3BnUBrIhoLXCcPzmqVK7z6fWujHz7-8?auto=format&dpr=1&w=1000

1 Like

I did to Kill…
Then there’s the others who did Lord of the Flies.

I would drive past you in my car full of money and many gfs as a clear show of superiority

Mockingcels owned by Micechads

1 Like

I’m gay and a trophy husband.
Your attempts at superiority are nothing to me.
However… He did of Mice and Men.

God I wish that were me

How long until a wealthy heiress notices me I dont know how much longer I can keep up this 9-9 grind

(9 because I start work at 9 and keep working until 9 there is no break time I simply repeat the cycle)

1 Like

just watched the batman (2022)

You know what, Gotham deserved it for building their city below sea level. That’s just poor city planning.

You being bullied in pet peeves is part of the cosmic order and therefore the cosmic cops think it’s based

Unfortunately.

I think i would’ve preferred Lord of the Flies.

I feel that the thinly veiled cry for help in my original post has been buried among the literature discourse but I guess that’s the fate I deserve

I can offer to throw a book at you?
I’m afraid I don’t have any of the mentioned books at hand though. Maybe something from Kafka instead?

Can it be the one where the guy turns into a giant beetle; that seems like itd be an easy life

Die Verwandlung (The Transformation), sure. It’s not very long though. And the ending is… uh… well it fits in well with the other books mentioned, I guess?

I still love how it opens “As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic insect” without any kind of dramatic language or sense of emotional impact, as if that’s just the most mundane annoyance a man can experience

It’s almost like one of those early 2000’s comedies where Rob Schneider is a high flying businessman who seems to have it all, but he’s about to find out -

1 Like

Kafka used that tone a lot in his works. Lots of pretty surreal stuff even when the story has less fantastical elements. I quite enjoy it and am still salty about being in the wrong year in school. We got to read stuff that bored me to tears instead.

Also peeved about it already being too warm for me to sleep. Yay.

everyone in the west of europe is talking about giga heat and it’s cold here

which means im gonna die of heat in two days, aaa
thank you for the warning but also please keep it there!!!

Honestly don’t mean to sound rude but between you and me I think this climate change fella has overstayed his welcome a bit now; if I spot him round my neighbourhood I’m going to start throwing hands

No : )

Count me in
I miss my rainy summers with mostly just 20 degrees.

1 Like

For you Blythan I will end climate change with my own bare hands; consider carbon dioxide as God and me as the anime protagonist

4 Likes