Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Our corpirate overlords apparently ordered some propaganda to show how we’ll deteriorate physically if ever removed from the healthy comfort of our office chicken cages. “Claw hands”, vulture posture from staring at screens, swollen limbs, obesity from lack of exercise and squinty red eyes from not being in the healthy glow of office lamps.

Hlaalu truly is the most based Dunmer Great House

1 Like

The Hlaalu in Oblivion asks you if it’s illegal to engage in word that forum won’t let me type. Corpse bedding XD

The changes to how points/costs work in 10th Edition Warhammer 40k is melting my brain.

They’ve made it like Age of Sigmar where you JUST pay for the units. No wargear, just blocks of x amount of models (usually 5/10, but sometimes things like 10/20)
Now, that works for Age of Sigmar. Most units like, say, Chaos Warriors. They have a choice of two loadouts; sword and shield or halberd and shield. You’re paying the same regardless, but each fills a slightly different role. AoS was designed with this in mind from the ground up. It works.

40k is not like that. Newer units tend to have limited options (although two Space Marine units have had 3 options boiled down into just 1 now, meaning they have a LOT of spare/useless parts in the box…) but older ones can have half a dozen or more options. There’s now no different in cost to taking a bare bones unit vs one armed to the teeth with all kinds of shiny gear. So why would you ever bare bones them?
Not to mention the mandatory unit sizes screw over some armies entirely; Death Guard troops only come in boxes of 7 - there BASE UNIT SIZE is 10! Uh… what?

It’s melting my mind as much as the heat is. It’s a radical overhaul of a system thats been around for 9 editions and, imo anyway, did not need screwing with this to this degree. They could have made it simpler by just using multiples of five? Or, I dunno, trust that people are smart enough to use a damn calculator, good grief.

That delighted relief at how much lower the fine would be compared to morrowind…

1 Like

Indeed.
Also the extreme worry I have when it turns out the player character, in ability to respond to her… knows what the fine is!

Me: Oh good, no song is stuck in my head. Just enjoying the silence, happy to have nothing clogging my mental faculties.
My brain: A TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEEAAAAART!
Me: Oh for the love of…

At least my brain has good taste… But I was beginning to enjoy the silence…
My brain: Aha!
Me: Frick!

1 Like

Sounds like a bulletproof plan. There is absolutely no way this will backfire.

(Diablo IV spoilers)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/446313760022593546/1119669748695830648/SPOILER_Screenshot065.jpg

Worst thing that happens is you end up with your soul bound to a suit of armour and your brother loses an arm and a leg.

Not the end of the world!

5 Likes

Doing that quest as a necromancer was extremely funny

“Hey, uh, priest of Rathma here. Need any help? No? You’re good? aight”

Just remember that if you meet a guy who has a little girl…
Do NOT let that child stay with him. Rehome them!

I am filled with home cooked curry and rice and tiredness

Perfection

Finished Diablo IV’s first act.

The fate of a single secondary NPC already evoked more emotion in me than all of Diablo III. Mind you, don’t expect wonders, but it’s obvious that the writers know how to tell a story, as opposed to just having the right-hand puppet talk in shallow comic book cliche lines about the left-hand puppet.

4 Likes

Honestly, cash shop aside; Diablo 4 leans towards the fabled “Blizzard quality” of yesteryear.

1 Like

The cash shop is the sole gripe I have about D4 so far. It already costs an arm and a leg, and this isn’t enough for the loot goblins, so they’ve put in microtransactions too? And prominently displayed with a nagging “!” every time you open the in-game menu?

2 Likes

If I could go back in time and Body whoever decided to add in the first in-game cash/item shop, I’d be gone in a heartbeat. Get out of here…

1 Like

What’s new, Scooby Gang

1 Like

The compilation movies of the original Mobile Suit Gundam are currently available to watch for free on the official gundaminfo youtube channel.

I finally watched Spiderman No Way Home (2021). Was a bit weird how much gay energy they gave to Maguire and Garfield’s Peter Parkers with each other; I’m reliably informed that it spawned a lot of fanfics.

It was also weird how the after credits stinger was just a straight up trailer instead of something more ‘in universe’? Maybe I’ve just totally forgotten other credits stingers but it stuck out to me.

I’m really excited for FF16 and I’m bummed I won’t get to play the demo because my PS5 is coming with 16.

What’s going on with you

Can get rid of that by hovering over each item because it just means “new shop item!” I believe.

Diablo 3 was in development hell for basically its entire run, so it makes sense that it was a clunky and awkward story.

I’ve completed the campaign and it is enjoyable - some high points for sure