Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Idk sounds like you got bad taste to me, a non-scot craving the Bru

4 Likes

An actual WoW related one; Staffs/Staves look weird when sheathed.

that does it

https://strawpoll.com/poy9WjOYpgJ

The reality that burn out is real. Dragonflight is a fun xpac, I’ll always maintain that, but it’s starting to suffer from ‘too much to do’ syndrome. Which is a strange place for an mmo of all things to be in, but there it is.

Organised class struggle got you weekends in the first place.

Keep going.

1 Like

Having Monday off is great and all but I could do without the pigeons beating each other up in front of my window and the kid with the whistle running around all morning.

My response to this got flagged and removed. Lol.
I guess Americans do know what it means.

squigglies with minimum clean (this is when I’m searching for shapes)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/653602544630628366/1122826467898830868/image.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/653602544630628366/1122826648354574388/image.png

7 Likes

2nd pic is me when I’m asked to do extra hours but I know that I can just say “no”.

5 Likes

Beat the brat.
With a pigeon.

I was thinking about training the pigeons to beat the kid up yeah…

1 Like

I am not handling this heat well, send rain please :frowning:

1 Like

Every time I see Persona 5 art I want to play it again, but there are so many other new games I could/‘should’ play instead.

I’m now around 25 hours into FF16, which the console tells me is about 60% of the way through the main story.
Pros: It’s fun, I like that Clive constantly looks one bad news away from bursting into tears.

The Active Time Lore feature should be mandatory in all real-time RPGs like this going forwards. It evokes the ‘hover over notable words’ thing we’ve seen in the more recent isometric RPGs like Pillars of Eternity+Pathfinder games, letting you jump in for a snippet of info if you’ve forgotten what the deal is with X or Y.

Cons: The chocobo is a bit slower than I’d like, also sometimes picking up items on the map only to get like 2 gil feels like they’re making fun of me.

Spoilers

I liked how Jill was like “Clive, I really need to kill this dude” and he just went ‘yeah cool lets do it, I’ll help’. No moralising about killing being bad, some dudes just need stabbing. A lot of the time in stories it’s like “oh, killing this guy won’t change what happened/won’t make you feel better” but you know sometimes it WILL make you feel better! Sometimes what you need to get closure it stabbing a guy!

I think children get stupider every year.

It’s rough growing a brain between all the lead, microplastics and whatnot.

1 Like

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discrete and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint.

• Hesiod, 8th century B.C. (supposedly)
8 Likes

Back when people were up in arms about this newfangled idea of writing the classics down rather than relying on memory and oral tradition, sure to ruin people’s ability to think and remember anything at all!

These kids today with their… writing…

why do you think I didn’t say the whole thing? At least you didn’t get timed out though!

I dunno, I kinda assumed they wouldn’t care… I mean… it’s more a colloquialism(Spelled that right first guess, hell yeah!).

No, they do.

Any circumventing is looked on harshly, so you got to be vague (or only use the first 2 words) or use less offensive words.

It much be a culture shock to people who have me on discord from talking to me on the forums, I have a potty mouth when not restricted.

1 Like