Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

ew gross she’s a union buster

4 Likes

milkers though

If that’s literally all you’re after, then why not go for Therazane?

That’s true. Even Tolkien, who deliberately adopted a constrained vocabulary for LOTR to give it a timeless feel, gave concessions to readability by non-philologists.

And I’m mindful of the vocabulary of my RP characters. I don’t use any words that you’d need to scour the dictionary for, but it’s all in the details. I also like inventing my own little headcanons for the alternative origin of orphaned-etymology words on Azeroth.

1 Like

I could imagine Pride being rolled into Love is in the Air, with all forms of love being celebrated with no differentiating between queer and straight (apparently the h-word is banned?) romances

Can’t believe the blood trolls are already completely forgotten

2 Likes

Oh yeah. They were weird.
I suppose they were a matriarchy, more than… okay, you have a point there.

Nazmani knew what they were about

Ah yes AHG…

The same people who thought putting a womans face to a grindstone was a fitting punishment.

Still chuckle to myself when I remember the time I real time ratioed Berach TWICE in a thread (Or two, forgor, but it’s likely been ashed by now)

3 Likes

I’ve fixed worse.

On a different note.

On today’s Warcraft D&D session, Lintian found a magic bow that I suspect the DM might regret giving. On a hit, it causes all attacks against that target (by anyone) to be made with advantage until that target’s next turn. And it’s a +1 longbow. A tad too powerful for level 6, or 7 now. (Then again, we regularly run into deadly encounters and have to flee as often as we win.)

And now I’m facing an extremely hard choice.

To take the second level of mage and get sorcery points, more spells and slots, an extra cantrip, and arcane charges, and initiative swapping shenanigans once per day…

Or to take the sixth level of hunter and get absolutely nothing except extra HP?

You’re probably gonna get hit with a suspension if you keep name dropping players, Krezha. Most of us don’t especially take issue with it (when it’s deserved) but there’ll always be someone peeping on these threads, looking for people to get banned.

2 Likes

Super jealous, I miss playing tabletop RPGs.

1 Like

Better? I changed it.
Man, these forums are really delicate. XD

It’s name-and-shame rules, you’re not meant to put other players directly on blast on the forums (anti-harassment measure)

I’ll just delete the post.
These forums stress me out.

Most of us regulars are used to it by now; we’ve all been put in the time-out corner at least once (and some of us many times more than that…)

I got permabanned back in Cata. but the perma doesn’t stick between expansions, thankfully.

Can assure you, it does. We’ve lost many brave soldiers over the years.

I mean permabanned from the forums.
And it doesn’t… else I wouldn’t be here.

I believe between forum revamps, a lot of people were unbanned.