Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

My game just broke utterly so I can’t play any of the pathfinders anymore. The keyboard siezes on something and I can only navigate by mouse click and it persists after closing the game, locking down my whole computer as though some button is held down constantly. Presumably the spacebar.

1 Like

Not just well over a decade ago. The RPG and WoW Vanilla itself declared it non-canon.

1 Like

Gets you an extra focus attack known and focus point per rest…and more importantly a step closer to your next subclass feature.

If it’s the same issue I had, it’s fixable by deleting a file.
Assuming a Steam install for WotR, go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pathfinder Second Adventure\Wrath_Data\Plugins\x86_64

and then delete or rename the file: Rewired_DirectInput.dll. I added a ‘test’ to the start of its name and left it there. No issues since. You may want to give it a shot.

Otherwise the only solution I had was unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in which got really boring after the first two times.

For Kingmaker the file directory will be basically the same - Kingmaker Data\Plugins instead, though it hasn’t cropped up for me with KM.

Mine does that itself sometimes, plugs in with USB cables. Sometimes I recline too far and the cables give a tug… Super irritating. XD

Yeah I googled and did just that but big question marks float since these games apparently have several keyboard related bugs.

On steam sometimes this helps:
Right click game > Properties > Installed files. Verify integrity of game files.
But it can screw things up if you use mods.

That’s the 2.5 rules. In 3.0, hunter level 6 dumb level. Thog not take.

No mods for anything. I know how it can scar a game to the core.

Terrible design, and against 5e’s design philosophy. There should be no such thing as a dead level. >:(

4 Likes

Permabans do carry over both forums and expac releases, I was perma’d myself in cata as you might know and had to appeal around late-MoP to regain postings rights.

I know people who were banned around a similar time and remain so, even with the forums having changed 2 or 3 times since then.

You must have appealed at some point and then forgot about it.

1 Like

Either that or it wasn’t pas perma as I thought it was.
Super strange. Oh well.

Hah hahaha…
Oh wait, you’re serious?

Yah, junk data is real and it sure is a peeve to see support pages flooded with people complaining of how X or Y update broke the game when it’s really their 53 mods and the bones of 30 more clogging the system.

1 Like

If you say so. I wouldn’t have 2000 hours in Fallout 4 without mods. =D

I started to learn about mod issues when I first began trying Paradox games. Any game running on the Clausewitz engine already has a 50% chance to spontaneously combust on its own. Adding mods just increases that chance even further.

1 Like

I went and actually looked at the 3.0 class and wow, they’ve got multiple dead levels, including 17th. It was ‘dead’ on Rangers because they got access to 5th level spells! If you remove their spellcasting on Hunters, you need to put something else to replace it.

Also they straight up recreated the notoriously bad 18th and 20th level Ranger features.
V. cringe.

2 Likes

I like to only have a couple of mods because troubleshooting which mod is breaking the game is too much work for me, but ToyBox is practically mandatory for the Owlcat pathfinder games, absolute night and day difference

——-

Entirely unrelated, the Bad Feels Alexstrasza quest got reworked where you are now placing an egg in Krasus’s path so he can notice and rescue her - and she still knows you acted to help and gives you a smile - and it’s just so much better feeling now

4 Likes

I tend to have a max of 10, less there’s an additional I -really- want.
Depends on the game. Fo4 or Skyrim, a max of ten. fiddling with load order and seeing which mods are compatible can be a nightmare.
Addons for WoW, I currently have 8, 3 are turned off.
Additional mods allowed if they are mods to fix things. Which often they are. Mods don’t always making things more likely to break, sometimes they fix errors with games.

If only I could get it w/o having to make an account on nexusmods aaaa!

Anyway, the Free Crusaders called me over for what I thought was just going to be tea time and hot cakes, but no, it’s actually Mephistopheles TPKing me.

Annoyingly, I can’t even Weird it out because the adds spawn in waves??? Hello??? Just let me Weird you all at once!! Hopefully I’ll get to ride Aivu after this

I have 150 mods for Warhammer 3.
I have 7 for Three Kingdoms…

Everyone needs a mod here and there.

1 Like

A friend says he has 600 for… err… have to check the name of the game, rim something. (Rimworld)
I also used to be friends with a guy who had 900+ for skyrim. His laptop got hotter than my toaster. It actually did catch fire one day. I don’t know if that was skyrim related though.