Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Use them PEEPERS the Earthmother gave you!

Joe, you just popped up on my Facebook feed…

You put a smile on my face :smile:

worked out how to watch fafner without getting bored by the glacial pace: watch it at 2x speed

Still nothing.
Why you lying at me?

5 Likes

Thanks Croe.

Brace for Nazmir born elves raised by blood trolls.

8 Likes

I look into the camera and a single tear, brimming with sorrow, rolls down my cheek.

1 Like

ty for the idea I know what I will be RPing in august

1 Like

not just a blood elf, but a BLOOD elf

7 Likes

There’s a blood elf (:elf: :nauseated_face: )

and a blood elf (:drooling_face: :drop_of_blood: )

3 Likes

you know not what you have done

aman’thul…what I have…seen…

1 Like
Spoilers

If maria can beat Malenia and I can beat Maria, then maybe I should get a move on and beat Malenia

NGl, I don’t hate Malenia as much as I hate the Friede fight, but I always love seeing Maria be awesome.

2 Likes

I remember a backstory, see if I can find it, that was super cringey and was about an elf raised by trolls, who had travelled across the sea in 2 days in a “casket” as a baby.

Found it: I don’t want to link, in case it embeds, Google: Chisana Defias
It’s err… Cringey… Beware.
“Ya be an elf, Chi, but ya haf de soul of a Troll.” - Zulka’Jin

“Hero of the Zandalar Tribe” Aaaagh! This person once posted this on the forums asking people what they thought, they were proud of it. XD
I almost feel bad at them, if they still play, they’ve probably forgotten all about this and cringe themselves.

Traveling to unknown and mysterious lands in a casket just makes you a FromSoft protagonist.

4 Likes

True, unfortunately this one didn’t proceed to then die a few dozen times on a journey to kill some absolutely metal looking monsters.

I’m all but certain they added Malenia’s nonsense HP regen after internal playtesting showed that she was difficult but not that difficult, which put her at odds with the optional, harder route she is on. The fact that the HP regen is coded to hits, even hits fully blocked by shields and magic, means that it’s just a slapdash “if land hit, gain HP” addition handwaved by a mention in her great rune that “she gets really pumped about fighting” which honestly could be said for 90% of Elden Ring’s bosses.

Malenia has that kind of horrific design encounter that makes the Frenzied Flame ending all the more cathartic.

2 Likes

Fromsoft are good in general, but I genuinely feel that Elden Rings weakest point, with a few exceptions, is the bosses.

I like the likes of Renala, a few of the dragons, stuff that fits the established template of better telegraphed attacks, space to dodge and actually punish Bosses moves.
Stuff like Malenia, Morgott and blooming Bell Bearing Hunter are just frustrating cheesey nonsense, with infinite stamina, huge combo chains, few if any punish or breathing rooms…

And don’t get me started on the Pair or duplicate bosses. Or the Ulcerated Tree Spirits in the flipping Catacombs, man!

1 Like

Those were more annoying to fight than anything else. Just a giant tantruming wormy spiiky thing.
I did enjoy elden ring (For the most part, never did beat the last boss, too much running, got impatient.) but yeah, a lot of the bosses were really annoying.

1 Like

Decided against retraining my main character in WoTR, cuz at level 19/nearly 20 I’m basically at the endgame anyway, and going through all the steps is pretty obnoxious…

Kinda wanted to get a different background/deity as well so I wouldn’t be stuck with Quarterstaves, but recently I got two very powerful Quarterstaves that have Elder elemental type, so idk… guess I’ll not ride my Aivu.

I hate how the retraining in game also locks you into the game until you’ve completely all of the levels and mythic abilities. And if you make a mistake, you can’t actually reload an earlier save, you gotta complete it. I just closed the game manually (you can’t even quit it in-game!!!) which is… really confusing design.