Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

I am abysmal at acronyms. People have said this one before. I’m super confused.
Wrath of the… Reisling?

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, a cRPG made by Owlcat.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s either my aspergers, or just me being dumb. But acronyms tend to bewilder me.
Looks fun, I’ve been looking for something to burn my time on. WoW is leading toward burnout again already. Wishlisted, it’s a bit pricy for me right now.

I still need to beat Malenia, but what I see happening is I’ll take another couple more months break then completely restart all my saves.

Just straight up delete all of them.

That’s how I did Bloodborne, got stuck on Laurence, quit for a year, came back, restarted, managed to kill all the bosses I didn’t (Laurence, Maria, Orphan, Wet Nurse, Gehrman and Moon Pressence)

2 Likes

If it was any other boss, literally any other. I’d have gladly helped.
But that one.
*Shudders*
I’d still help, just no promises on actually being helpful.

Ah, same, same.

I had to do it with Code Vein recently, 'cos I missed out on an ending without realising, so restarted the other day after leaving it for months.

One day I’ll get around to restarting Bloodborne ahah.
And Ghost of Tsushima.
And Demon Souls (R).
And-
:face_holding_back_tears:

Someone I know (some say he even posts here sometimes) did like 18 attempts and then just swapped build to a Rivers of Blood setup and did it in 1 try

so u see the weapon balance in this game is very good

3 Likes

While I like the sentiment, I’m not looking for help.

Got to be able to beat her on my own, you know? Or with my summons, but I am the only human player allowed to be involved in my first go through.

Not gonna lie, was thinking of dragging my Chikage 2.0 char up there and using him to beat her first. But I’d rather do it on my main first

1 Like

Jolly Cooperation.

Anyways, I am never ever ever ever going to shill Malenia as a well-designed boss in a million years; she’s difficult yes, but well-designed she is not even remotely.

Giant Hunt, Ice Pots (sometimes other pots), Bleed Procs and Frostbite are all able to animation lock her and allow you to kill her in less than 30 seconds through both phases of the fight with absolutely minimal issues. Meanwhile, any other build (particularly holy ones) enjoy a minimum of 35% flat damage resistances to overcome and the inability to stunlock or avoid her several insane moves capable of almost one-shotting.

Morgott my beloved though don’t @ me.

2 Likes

I think that’s genuinely the most frustrating/annoying part of Elden Ring, to be honest. Like, I do really enjoy the game, still. But I think that’s despite the bosses, and other elite-type enemies.

They feel like they’re tuned to punish and challenge long-term Souls veterans. And not like me, whose been playing since Dark Souls 1, but the people who’ve been doing SL1 Dark Souls runs, no-dodge runs, challenges, etc etc.
Input-reads and heal punishes and delayed swings and another move they’ve pulled out of nowhere, that I’ve never seen before, but is specifically designed to punish me right now, because of COURSE it is.
And endless stamina (Up yours, Crucible Knights), and infinite poise (Bell Bearing Hunter and UP. YOURS. Crucible Knights!) and perfect parries (Moongruuuuuum!) and…

Uuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh

Someone at Fromsoft has a very consistent, very niche kink of making all Holy powers and weapons so good looking, and yet so useless/gimped. It’s… odd :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

That is how I was trying to kill her. Was farming mats to just have a 500 stack of icepots just for her.

My main uses a scythe and I have bloodflame blade on him.

If you have a ranged bleed-proc ability or item, use it because rivers of blood’s special has a large radius and range and if you get up close and proc a bleed it can knock her out of the dance-1-shot forever (sometimes it’ll even bug her AI and she will just stand there lol)

2 Likes

That’s fair, just thought I’d offer. :slight_smile:
I can totally get that though, large part of why I hated diablo 3 is a friend always wanted to play with me, and he was so much better than me. So it was largely just watching him play while I sit bored and try not to get instagibbed by stray needles or arrows or whatever.

I remember that for a while she was bugged and had no cooldown on the water dance thing. Those were hellish times, I hope they fixed that.

Yeah, for me, it feels like a game that’s designed to be hard or tedious before it’s designed to be fun. It is fun, but there’s a lot of “Urrrgh, I hate this!” in between the fun parts.

2 Likes

Yeah just applying bleed or frostbite breaks whatever the AI is doing at any point in time so you can just stand in her face and the moment she jumps into the air you pop a frost pot into her frontal lobe and she goes back down.

I do have the insect swarm ability, but they nerfed it between DS3 and ER.

WHY IS IT SLOWER?!

One should also know that she basically just queues up waterfowl dance when her HP hits a certain % and from that moment on she will do nothing but slowly walk towards you until she is in range to do the Funny Move.

This makes greatbows extremely funny.

3 Likes

PVPers are difficult to balance around, they always complain. How many of WoW’s patches have been because PVP uses the same system as PVE? If they used different rules, then there’d be a lot less patches.

I have the Gravity Archer summon, he just knocks her down. its just i need to not die before then.

EDIT; Also have the enmity ring, so she focuses on me, just leave gravity archer at the door and don’t go near him so he doesn’t have the urge to melee mode.

Dude, I summoned you to be an archer, stop trying to melee her.

4 Likes

Peeve: Excessive boredom.
I hate my brain. I finally find a game I want to play, it’s been a while since I had a replay of it, FFXII. Good game for the most part, combat gets a bit dull, but it has nice systems and a good story.
Then the first cutscene finally ends, because it takes about 10 minutes. And my brain is like “Nah, play another thing.” But… but… but…

Changing key set up for FFXII. Because screw you brain, I’ll play what I want.
I try to set a button to the one next to 1, tilde, `¬`
“That key cannot be used”
WHY NOT?!

Remapping the keys, Turned the subtitles off!
Why? Why would that happen?
*Pulls hair out and screams from rooftop*

1 Like