Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

The trap is whichever media franchise we are individually obsessed with that we will drag you into, like Grishaverse or GWitch or the Owlcat Pathfinder games

4 Likes

Fortunately I don’t drag easy. I’ve had a few friends try to force me to like things and it’s never gone well.

Though if it’s something I’ve never heard of, I will at the very least look into it. For instance, that pathfinder game is on my wishlist for when it gets cheaper. <3

Kingmaker (the first Owlcat pathfinder game) goes on deep discount fairly often - definitely worth checking that out too. You don’t need to play it to know Wrath as they’re very separate modules with just a few Easter egg references but it’s mostly a great time

@Telaryn

It was ÂŁ7 for all of it.

One thing where I preferred Kingmaker over WotR is how obnoxious the map movement is in WoTR. Especially when you know teleportation will be a thing later on so you can plan out where you settle new Villages, whereas in WoTR you don’t have that luxury and the map node connections are obnoxious.

In Kingmaker, at least each node connected logically and yes, I do understand it’s meant to be representative of the chasms or whatever of the Worldwound, but still!!! Sometimes the artwork is so light that you can’t even tell it’s meant to represent a cliff or something, so you’re just wondering why you gotta take a Long Trek to get to the node next to you.

I mean, Kingmaker had rivers, but a) at least they were clearly visible and b) it still wasn’t that obnoxious, like WoTR’s one (1) single connection between Kenabres and the Rest Of The Map, if you want to go there and you just happen to not be close to the node, up yours I guess lol!!!

They should have allowed us to build bridges (or make riverside villages build bridge connections) in Kingmaker, but I can understand that being their first game so no money w/e, but why is that still present and even worse in Wrath of the Righteous!!!

is now a bad time to mention that you absolutely do - when you upgrade a fort you can put a teleport circle in there

70% off in the summer sale :sunglasses:

1 Like

No, I know about the teleportation circles in WotR, I mean you can’t decide where a new Outpost will be. You just capture whatever Outposts the devs have placed on the map. Those are what will be your outposts, whereas in Kingmaker you could at least have some agency over which movement node you’re turning into a Village.

Oh, sure, I’m with you - kingdom building was one of my least favourite parts of both games so I didn’t pay them much attention apart from just stacking up whatever bonus I wanted

I actually didn’t mind the kingdom building in Kingmaker, though I think I’d actually give Kingmaker the edge over WotR here too.

Since so many hated Kingmaker’s kingdom system, they just left in the shell of it for WotR and had a half-baked version of HoMM game replace it. But it’s really awkward and clunky, and I’d rather just play HoMM than the crusade stuff. Funny, as they got ex-devs of HoMM to work on Wrath too.

I can’t wait for official release of BG3 to sort out the youtube content for it a bit. Currently it’s dominated by years old playthroughs of early access that mostly all do the same stuff or don’t provide time stamps
and minmaxers…

An ancient YouTuber called Colleen Ballinger (Miranda Sings) is being exposed for essentially being another Ghislaine Maxwell

Content creators try to be normal challenge impossible

1 Like

Burying the lede to not mention that she responded to those allegations with a ukulele video

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks. I’ll get it when my mood improves a bit. Just in case it sours my impression of the game.
Recently lost a friend due to an argument. Again… This shirt is happening a lot lately. Driving me mad.

The premiere of Frieren is supposedly two hours long, which is incredibly ambitious.

Though it doesn’t affect my viewing, it’s apparently also in a prime time slot - one reserved for serious theatrical works, rather than a new anime adaptation of a manga (even if it’s a good one).

Dies from cringe

I was under the impression that she had already responded to these allegations 3(?) years ago when they first came to light and now the allegations are back up again for some reason.

I thought she was already cancelled tbh idk why ppl are talking about her again

That would require the current writing team ever being able/willing to Move On from the past characters, and actually develop a new, fresh roster of characters that all players can connect with and get invested in, not just “Hey, you’ve played Warcraft since 2, right? Remember THIS character? And oh man, what a callback to War3, amirite?!”

Let. Them. Rest.

2 Likes

Putting that into summer is just taunting people. very rude. I’ve not felt even mildly cold in weeks.

Ugh. They’re not even human.