Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

I really hope I like that game, you guys reference it a lot. XD

1 Like

It is a really fun game. Good character writing and mostly fun gameplay!

I didn’t finish Kingmaker and I found it a bit more tougher for me because I struggle with timed events. (Kingmaker has a bunch of stuff/quests where you need to complete them within like “X amount of in-game days” or its gone forever and will also impact your playthrough.

WoTR instead has quests you need to complete before moving onto the next act and you get a massive warning label to do all quests beforehand.

1 Like

*Makes note not to do Kingmaker*
I hate time limits. I like to relax when gaming, not worry that I’ll run out of time and have to reload a save or something. Deep sigh.

1 Like

Am I Wenduag?

Also, Kingmaker is a very good game with much more of a classic adventuring atmosphere, but Wrath of the Righteous my all-time favourite RPG

1 Like

Yes, cus of the brat/tsundere vibes.

1 Like

Its still a good game, but it stresses me. WoTR is alot more enjoyable personally.

Use mod, make all kingdom management events take 1 day ez.

3 Likes

Hadnt thought of that!

Haha, I know and appreciate it! I understand a bit more by now as well and my text makes sense, at least. I also mention that my German isn’t the best. It’s good to be transparent because when they call me and expect someone fluent in German… that’s going to be a mess.

1 Like

It’s fine, feel free to keep posting!

And if you want to talk, you can add me on Discord — my username is Linneris. Looks like we’d get along quite well given our interests!

1 Like

I do need to play Kingmaker again - the party I’m running for has just breached the Stag Lord’s fort and threw a Thunderstone into the owlbear cage

I didn’t even try playing any Pathfinder video games because they’re way way way too number crunchy for me. I prefer RPGs with relatively easy and relaxing combat so I can immerse myself in the story.

1 Like

WoTR thankfully(so does Kingmaker) have an incredible amount of custom options for your gameplay. I started on normal on both games, but found the combat to be really fiddly and lowered it a bit.

WoTR is probably one of my latest favourite games, but it has some really rough balancing at times(might be because its pathfinder). I already mentioned Blackwater being terrible, but you’ll run into plenty of encounters that are just…stupid.

For a D&D 5e equivalent, it is not uncommon for the game to throw creatures that are essentially CR 16 at you when you’re at best like…lvl 8. And only done as a way to inflate difficulty.

If you play anything above easy/normal, it feels like the game expects you to min-max your build and use every single scroll/potion in advance.

I still recommend it because the story and writing, and amount of choices are just that good and carries it, it is really worth it. But I do not recommend it for the combat. In that case, divinity is far better and more fair.

Might send a request once I’m properly at my computer later!

1 Like

Great, then I can send you Xmog pics of my gnomes, so you can see what they look like without weapons in front of their faces. <3

1 Like

Honestly, that’s a major red flag right there.

A DM should always have the final word on who joins their game and who doesn’t. If your club doesn’t allow it, then I would stay away from it.

I’m prepared to DM 5e for six people tops. 4–5 is optimal, 7 and more is right out. 15 sounds like utter nightmare.

3 Likes

Twitter dot com has reminded me of the conversation in Hathaway where Gigi is all “the terrorists are doing the wrong thing” and Hathaway is like “okay if you’re so smart what should they do instead” and her reply is “take over the world as a dictator and never make any mistakes”.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fz0obX_XsAIF07N?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

So, I’ve now begun the Legacy of the Void prologue, and the first mission has you infiltrate a Moebius Facility as Zeratul while you are trying to avoid the Zerg Swarm, and I noticed something. The AI seems to use the same Zerg that you chose back in Heart of the Swarm, which is a pretty nice detail. I just wonder if it actualy mirrors it or if it is just coincidental.

1 Like

I cannot actually recall. I suppose you could experiment, go back and change things. Or look it up. I imagine it’s just an awesome coincidence, because if you could choose what the enemy were using, that would be powerful.

1 Like

I’ll probably try look it up. And well, the Zerg are only your enemy in that first mission, afterwards they become your allies.

Anyhow, in the immortal words of Hierarch Artanis ( also voiced by Patrick Seitz, the VA of Garrosh and Arthas): “March boldly, without fear!”