Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

You are indeed. I tried to go back, and while I could, it still said I didn’t have the stats for things. I assume they are prestige classes or something, and just left it on rogue. Still very dumb.

As for pictures I wasn’t sure if things had to be a specific size or not, most games tell you. Else I would’ve used one from Shadowrun or Grimrock. Despite all the Xmog pics I have for WoW. Those aren’t really… portraity.

I’d usually go chaotic good. But I find that if you do anything even slightly bad, a tutting GM will be like “No no no, bad, you cannot do that, you chose good.” Right, because that’s how behaviour and morality works.

Alas, no, no time in the world. As I have already opted to refund the game. The full screen thing was a pretty bad sign, usually when games get that wrong then it’s not encouraging.
Then the character creation really threw me off. You only really get one first impression, which is why I generally dislike early access. And though this game is not early access, it gave me a very bad first impression.

You guys should play Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous btw

The game tells you what the requirements are if a class has specific requirements. For example, Monk needs any Lawful. Assassin is apparently a prestige class, so there may be other requirements (like level).

The custom portraits do have a specific size, but you can use any free photo editor in browser to get the pictures. This takes less than five minutes, if you have a picture in mind. If you want, I can post the Youtube video I followed.

It’s not as bad in WotR as it was in Kingmaker, but in both games the alignment decisions aren’t as restricted and can change over time, especially for classes without an alignment restriction. So, for example if you pick Chaotic Neutral, but pick mostly Evil options, your alignment will just shift to Chaotic Evil. Some companions also have their alignments shift over the course of the game.

Assassin is an evil-aligned prestige class, yes. There’s plenty of options that fill the same class fantasy without going specifically for it – rogue, slayer, a whole heap of the game’s subclasses.

Also assassin sucks
sorry but it’s true
just be a straight gay rogue instead

Even the actual assassin companion uses the slayer class

That’s what we’re talking about. XD

It mentioned 5 stealth being a requirement. I had considerably more than 5 stealth by the time I was done with creation. But the option was still not there. There may have been other requirements, but not that I saw.

Custom portraits didn’t mention specific size, at least, not that I saw. It had 3 slots for pictures that I had to replace, I guess I probably had to copy their sizes with replacements.

I just think Alignment should be something that appears based on your actions. As opposed to trying to live up to what you set them as at the start. And even then, it’s trying to live up to them, expect slip ups. I just… strongly dislike alignment. XD

They do, do it, from behind. <3

It’s five levels in stealth, not your stealth modifier. AKA you need to hit level 6 and have taken stealth skill in each of the preceding 5 levels.

The skill requirements (like stealth) are for skill ranks rather than your modifier; you can only have ranks up to your character level, so you’re capped at 1 at 1st.

In other words, you can only take assassin from levelling up from 5->6 at the earliest.

don’t copy me.

(I thought Rogue sucked as well, if Internet is anything to go by. Probably doesn’t matter on lower difficulties though?)

But yeah, I guess the game is a bit tricky to get into especially if you’re new to the Pathfinder games, there’s a whole lot of information dumped on you so if you don’t have time to read through it all, you’re likely not getting to understand much either.

Yes, that’s true.

I don’t blame her for getting confused though, since me, a baby Pathfinder player, also misunderstood it (and most other requirements) when I started playing. IMO the UI showing requirements and whatnot is rather confusingly built up and presented.

Rogues are absolute blenders, especially Knife Masters who increase their sneak attack damage with a particular weapon type from d6 to d8, or Rowdy Rogues who get early access to Vital Strike which is an extremely powerful method of attack. The only big points against them are that you already get two companions who do sneaky stabby stuff (Woljif in act 1 and Greybor in 3) and you are heavily incentivised to go Trickster → Legend to get the most out of them

Assassin unfortunately is a big trap because many of their features do not work when translated to a vibeo game and demons are all completely immune to poison, no idea why Owlcat brought that one in

I forgot how bad Yda’s voice acting is in ARR, gals

I can’t go back now, I thought the voices were fine when I played ARR the first time but I’ve tasted greatness now

The only one (whose VA gets changed) and the quality doesn’t really go up/down is Urianger, and that’s because ARR has Gideon Emery for him

1 Like

Don’t copy me. Don’t copy me. Don’t copy me. Don’t copy me. Don’t copy me.

Yeesh, taking the same thing every level for 5? That sounds fairly boring.

I was willing to overlook jarring systems that felt rigid and slow for tabletop RPGs because I was playing with friends. But with this, it’s playing alone.
The true charm of D&D was never the game, the game is fairly terrible.
The charm was that I got to be a nerd with company. Something I don’t get to do anymore.
Excluding forcing my mother to watch buffy, of course. Fortunately she’s enjoying it.

I live alone, I don’t really have friends anymore, even online ones are few and far between.
Can’t make new friends without one trying to push buttons and start an argument fairly quick into it. (Which is why I deleted my discord name from an earlier message.)

So I guess it’s just a case of Pathfinder not being for me. I like a more casual approach to the rules. I find the rules and gameplay mechanics hinder Roleplay. Not encourage it. They force you to play a certain way. They don’t allow for variation.
Mods would, but when you have to mod a game to make it good, instead of modding it because it’s already good and you want to experience it in other lights. Then it’s not a good game, at least in my eyes.

Skyrim is an example, the game without mods, is a pretty decent game. You can have a lot of fun, but hell, add a few mods in there, you can truly mix things up.
If I have to mod pathfinder on the first playthrough, to enjoy it… it’s not a good game.

So it’s failing on a lot of fronts for me.

Everyone should be voiced by Ralph Inerson tbh

Getting the itch to display some righteous wrath today, but dunno what mythic path I’d wanna do

Trickster treats the absurdity of your circumstances with all the respect it deserves.

Trickster with a Daeran romance is a good thematic time

1 Like