Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

This really. I dont know if its still the case, as I dont go to general forums myself, but I heard stories of sick f*cks apparently going around there trying to impersonate Brigante shortly after he passed.

3 Likes

Peeve: Recognising a couple spell icons in BG3 as clearly being BG2 stuff but lots of the spells are different now and I am angered by it even though I understand.

Extra peeve: the sudden urge for pizza.

People may (rightly) gripe about the forums.

But be glad it’s not Bird App.
Which is falling apart at the seams.
Again.

3 Likes

You can’t look at that many posts! How dare you!

I am reasonably confident this is all some paper-thin excuse for “We broke the site (again) and we’re desperately trying to fix it (again) but we’ve only got Barry the Intern and the server hamster, so, we’re just winging this while our pants are on fire (again).”

Because Elongated Muskrat is an idiot who should be fired into the Sun.
Or sent on a submarine trip :neutral_face:

1 Like

:rage: When thing same, but also different :rage:

They’re self-DDOSing themselves which is just hilarious.
Do wish I’d get a bluesky invite sooner rather than later though.

2 Likes

Same tbh, bird app has been absolute hell since it was sold to muskrat

Apparently non-blue users are limited to reading 600 posts and the site just breaks after.
However if you pay for blue you get to read 6000 posts.
All to “combat data scraping and manipulation”

1 Like

Imagine being one of/the worlds richest man, and being so useless.

If I had that much money, I’d just vanish and never be in the news or public. Charities would receive eye-watering sums for good causes, and a staggering number of artists would find themselves with nameless but very wealthy ‘patrons’.

Not buying a social media platform because people are memeing on you, and still fail at making them think you’re popular and ‘cool’… absolute manchild…

Edit: Just seen a post surface that apparently in 2018 Muskyrats paid Google for hosting a bunch of services etc, and more recently was throwing a strop about paying the bill.
So that would check out. Hearsay at the moment, but still… entirely believable.

2 Likes

I have enough of an ego to fully acknowledge that I would be very public about any/all of my donations and philanthropy. Buy myself an eternal legacy :muscle:

2 Likes

It’s that ‘Two button’ meme image, only the options were;

-Buy and Ruin a huge social media platform, tanking your stocks and showing the world you’re a clown

-Fund a solution to World Hunger

1 Like

Sadly the type of mentality that you need to be that wealthy (having worms instead of a heart, and/or being descended from someone else with worm-heart) precludes those kinds of acts of generosity

1 Like

https://direkris.itch.io/you-are-jeff-bezos

You should all play this btw, very fun I recommend.

Don’t need to imagine it when I can just see it happen in realtime daily.

1 Like

Trick question; we already overproduce food but end up throwing it on pyres to burn huge amounts of wheat not going to markets because such are the incentives in capitalist hellworld.

Distribution and access is the problem, not production.

2 Likes

During covid times, there was a massive amount of food produce(specifically wheat and farm products) that just got burnt. Because while people were buying less, farmers were still producing the old quantities, and just destroyed any leftovers.

2 Likes

Make this stupid ‘civilisation’ make sense…

2 Likes

Me in Caelid in Elden Ring on my restarted main, grabbing a gold scarab.

“oh my god, this is going to kill me, I DID IT FOR THE MEEEEEEEMES”

1 Like

If you stick a bloody sword up the giant sleepy dragons backside. Then you can get a lot of XP.
I worded this really badly on purpose.

That is why i am here.

If you kill her and sit at the bonfire before you get the runes, she respawns and you get your runes

1 Like

I DID NOT KNOW THAT!
I mostly did the quests for the guy in the robe at the start, then that takes you to an area where you can shoot an undead bird thing and it just runs off a cliff.

Peeve: Flying into the wrong side of dalaran.