Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Deeply underrated voice actor

He’s also Lorath in Diablo 4 and his voice is smooth chocolate there too

wait oh no

i hated lorath’s VA (and writing) during beta and to my knowledge neither had changed in D4 since then noooo

I am deeply confused by your taste in men nerath I won’t lie

im sorry but lorath’s introduction line was the worst writing i have ever seen, doubled with the goofy derp expression he had after saying ‘im bloody hungry!!’

it felt like some of the fake 10 year olds on 4chan writing about how random they are back in 2010s

Okay fair that intro was a little ‘ah yes, the protagonist is here’ because Lorath can and would knife you in the gut the second he found a burglar, and then nonchalantly eat venison over your body

He does get substantially better

wasn’t he a softboy in diablo 3 voiced by yuri lowenthal
did he go through Character Development in between games

I much preferred Diablo 3’s VA for lorath to Diablo 4’s, less so because of the VA themselves and moreso just because of the writing and guidance given to the VA.

i don’t blame clive’s VA, i blame blizzard basically

He’s voiced by Ralph “read me the phonebook please” Ineson in D4

ulbrig isn’t hot so i assume lorath isn’t either

Minding my own business, then my brain started playing this.

Enigma and Areshkagal is quite interesting in that for me, like you, I found the design and asthetics of both to be really cool. The lore is also interesting, and Nenio is amazing.

But the fights in Enigma suck hard, and alot of the puzzles are more annoying than thoughtful. It feels like a slog, which is a shame because everything else around it is great.

Speaking of WoTR aswell, I got a question.

Is both Wintersun and Chilly creek meant to feel so underwhelming? Their storylines just kinda end so abruptly in act 5. Or is there stuff previously that you can do which triggers things differently(like figuring out chilly creek’s mystery earlier or help wintersun further).

Or is it tied to any specific path like Pulura is?

different person, that’s Cid’s voice actor. Clive is the main protagonist. I love Ralph Ineson too though for his incredibly gravelly tones.

I keep forgetting Cid isn’t the main character because the main character being called Clive slides off my brain like water

it’s also confusing because

spoilers

clive is later referred to as cid because he takes up the moniker

I feel sick.

Clive is a pretty good main character name compared to some I’ve seen.
Though I’d put a Clive as a side character. A loveable side character, but a side character no less.

Bad main character names I’ve seen:
Castlevania Curse of Darkness: Hector. The Villain was Isaac. I dunno, the names really just didn’t suit dark magic using demon making people… They were really cool though.
FF7 Cloud Strife. Look, I know, everyone loves FF7, and I’m a huge final fantasy fan myself… but this is an objectively terrible name.
I love days gone, one of my favourite games of all time… But the main characters name… is… Deacon St. John… I’m glad most characters shorten it to Deek.
FF10, Wakka. I love Wakka, he’s voiced by John DiMaggio, wonderful voice actor… But Wakka isn’t a name, it’s pacman onomatopoeia.
Max Payne… Look, I know… we love the name and think it’s cool… but it’s also super lame.
FFXII, Vaan. Sorry, two A’s, How am I pronouncing this? Vawn, or Van? Because the other voice actors sure as hell don’t know either.
FF5: Bartz. Why you little!
Running a theme here, Final fantasy Tactics: Ramza. Goat south africa?
FFXIII Lightning, followed by Snow… Look, these aren’t names, these are things that ruin a picnic.

In a round about way, what I’m saying, is that Squeenix are terrible at naming things… No, wait, that wasn’t my point. My point is that the name shouldn’t define the person, just like in real life. You meet an awesome as hell guy who’s name is Maverick, that’s just an 80s tv show. That guys name is probably Buttz or something. Butt that shouldn’t detract from how awesome he is.

Clive is a pretty cool name, especially if your real life name is clive and you see the awesome character in a game with your name, super cool right? Shame my name is Siobhan and that comes up literally never.

Seriously though… Cloud is a terrible name.

As a non-binary person I feel obligated to stan all people who name themselves a single abstract noun

1 Like

As a non-binary gremlin.

My name is a last name.

2 Likes

Pulura isn’t tied to a specific path, but apparently Angels get to it earlier. Oher paths have other zones that have more interactivity.

Chilly Creek is backer content, so it’s not going to be very interactive and it’ll be rather self contained. Wintersun isn’t, and has iirc lasting consequences through following Acts, however small they may be (f.e. Jerribeth).

I’m only playing on Normal, so none of the fights were trouble, it was mostly just tedious since I blitzed through all of them at this point. Sosiel just sorta invalidates any tougher encounters with Guarded Hearth on top of it all.

him nuking bosses down in one round is pretty hot ngl (also he has an awesome profile pic after his questlines, probably the best of all companions’, which is hot)

laughs at the english having their minds melt over vowels

it’s always very tragicomical seeing english people pronounce estonian names and words (=

3 Likes