Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Well uhhhh

https://www.polygon.com/23777252/baldurs-gate-3-new-release-date-pc-ps5
it’s the first week of august now

In an effort to further distance the game from the busy fall 2023 release schedule, Larian will now launch Baldur’s Gate 3 on Aug. 3 on PC, as opposed to the anticipated Aug. 31 release date. The PS5 version will be released one week later than originally planned, on Sept. 6. There’s still no word about the in-progress Xbox version.

I know, but I can’t move my time off u_u
So gotta do wage stuff before I can fully merge with my chair and become fantasy elf nr 3289237

1 Like

hey isn’t that the anime all the racist twitter posters like

Tbh I thought the point of being a sigma was that you just do your own thing without needing the validation of others? So, if you say you’re a sigma, isn’t that counter to it’s meaning? I may ofcourse have just misremembered it.

I got a 2TB drive for just over £100 which is very good, now’s a great time to build brain size

2TB should cover you for games for the most part, especially if you can move files to an external hard drive

1 Like

Yeah I checked and even the expensive shop has 2TB for like 80€
Time to gently rub money into their pores.

1 Like

Reminds me I still need to put a second SSD in my current pc. Been currently playing on a 2TB one too, but still, I usually like to have my system-and games neatly apart! Thankfully they indeed are cheaper these days!

yes but it’s also the anime that all the non-racist twitter posters like
in fact, everyone loves it
yourself included

I’m not going to stop liking K-On just because some 4chan weirdoes decided that actually it’s secretly a coded fascist utopia anime or whatever rubbish they said.

5 Likes

That’s because you are the 4chan weirdo

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? Incredibly weird behaviour.

4 Likes

On the topic of racism, a peeve that is not racism itself.
White people being offended on my behalf or telling how I should feel about something drives me bloody nuts.

1 Like

I have a headache, my meme game is off kilter :frowning:

Twitter and tumblr collectively gasping.

We take the Loras and put her into the quiet corner with pain meds, lots of water, some snacks and a bunch of fluffy blankets and pillows.

Facebook too!

I’ve thankfully never been there.

Oh and real life.
It’s a thing. It smells.

2 Likes

S’why I still enjoy Warhammer 40k, because you can still have fun with a thing while desperately wishing that a chunk of the ‘fan’ base would stop being so deeply weird, go outside and touch copious amounts of grass or something. And possibly seek psychiatric help :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yeah, dropping things just because other fans do something awful gives extremists more space. Doesn’t really do much else.

Sadly I’ve been forced to be there u_u

1 Like

Peeve: I’m sick of people claiming that you should start teaching programming with C because (squeaky voice) “they need to learn about the low level first”.

No, unless you want to assault beginner programmers with tales of CPU cache lines and instruction reordering and branch prediction and page faults and… and… and… they really don’t need to get that low level.

What beginner programmers need is an abstract, predictable machine that they can reason about without too much cognitive load. As opposed to a minefield of a language that formats your string in accordance to locale rules designed in the 1970s if you say the right magic incantation at the beginning of main, except on a Friday afternoon when it’s undefined behavior instead.

What beginner programmers need is to learn modern practices of writing maintainable code that you won’t have to throw away next year, and C is terrible at that.

Of course, eventually they will need to learn C.

But please please don’t traumatize the minds of beginners with a language designed in the 1970s for 1970s hardware and 1970s operating systems. If you feel you must start with a low-level language, pick Rust.

Thank you for listening to my soapbox rant, my next six posts will all be about Middle-earth to compensate. (Not really)

1 Like