Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Okay, I’m at Iz now. I see this big f-off balor-looking demon named Devastator, who doesn’t even fit into my camera, and I nearly walked into it accidentally starting the fight (just like I did with Terendelev)…

only for Arueshalae to one-shot it during Sneak round. And she didn’t even crit. :upside_down_face:

sidenote, balor demons are pain for their abyssal :poop: spells.

1 Like

I find balor demons to be a trillion times worse when it comes to crusade/army fights. Nothing like having 80% of your army wiped out pre-combat because they do a big AoE at the start by default.

For gameplay, I tend to struggle hard against the Deskari and their posion.

I guess I never really struggled with the Crusade Army fights because I have spellcasting heroes with high Initiative units, and a deathstack of Axe Throwers.

I think you played on a higher difficulty, ye? On Normal, I don’t think the Balors even did anything but summon some weak whatevers.

Doesn’t Delay Poison help?

1 Like

I played mostly on normal, think I started higher. But on my second run now I’m playing casual.

Maybe I’m thinking about the Balor generals specifically, I just remember that the big balrog-looking demons blows.

That would require me to remember that it’s a thing :upside_down_face:

There are some demons who teleport and do like, an AoE cone attack. There are also Balor generals who can cast spells (which yes, can wipe out an army if they’re all close to eachother).

Both were dealt promptly by my army simply deleting them before they get their turn. High initiative rocks, especially with a spellcaster hero who does the same to them - Fire Storm is hilarious.

I guess I have PTSD from Kingmaker.

1 Like

I’ve been screwed over a few times by low iniative and Lilliu & or Succubi that just mindcontrols my big archer stacks and one-shots another.

Is it worth re-visiting it to try and finish after WoTR? I never did.

I personally enjoy the vibe of Kingmaker more, since all the cosmic powertrips feel very Shadowlands-core. Kingmaker felt like a rag-tag bunch going on adventures and then after first victory realise they got a Kingdom to lead. Your characters feel weaker since you’re not on some mythic juice, but idk - I had fun.

I guess it just depends on why you didn’t finish? And where you stopped.

In my case, my Axe Throwers (and Marksmen) just have higher initiative. Maybe I chose the crusade rank-ups that gave me higher Initiative?

Anyway, that’s Deskari down in one try. Ulbrig suffered a crippling wound, but I forgot to use the Midnight Bolt on him, so that’s why. Otherwise he just fell over lol + lmao nerd bug!

2 Likes

I like Deskari a lot, you don’t see him often but a villain who literally doesn’t even comprehend your existence is unique

1 Like

It also helps that he’s an Iomedae simp, albeit through a demonic lens. This is very funny.

1 Like

Just breaking Iomedae’s ant farm until she comes down to attack him, and then we bite his ankle and he dies

2 Likes

I already did one post bout BG3 today. Here’s another! They apparently have drastically redone Wyll’s character between the early access and actual release. This is good, because while his backstory/concept was kinda interesting his character was otherwise pretty :zzz:

2 Likes

The only thing I’ve seen of the stream was a vampire and a bear getting it on and honestly that’s all I need 10/10 goty

2 Likes

Incredibly good. Wyll was always such a bizarre oddity among the rest of the cast who always have several in-camp cutscenes or dialogues to offer you, and have several approve/disapprove interactions with your actions in the world but Wyll’s only ever seemed to happen around the Goblin Camp… which is one extremely specific area of the Act 1 zone.

His character was (is?) interesting, and I like his attempts to be a suave charmer and one of the more good-aligned companions, but good lord they didn’t make him attractive for players to select given how little he has to say about pretty much everything.

Also: Mmm Halsin :drooling_face:

Does bg3 actually have a lone wolf trait equivalent from divinity 2? Companions are good and all but my first playthrough will be with wife and we’d like to go duo.

What, in 10 characters

So far as I know, no. It’s intended for a party.

There are confirmed hirelings if you don’t want the NPCs getting in the way with their “opinions” and “personality” but as it stands it looks like a party of four is the only combat way to play. Might have to double up and play two characters each.

So far we’ve not heard anything of the sort. It is definitely probably doable with 2x people in the easiest mode but otherwise you would have to play very tactically (perhaps even cheesily).

Halsin is a companion character who is romanceable, he is a giant Elven druid who’s spirit animal is a bear.

1 Like

todd: see that mountain? you can climb it

bg3 devs: see that bear? you can climb him

7 Likes

I horny bonk both Neth and Stairshed

Also while I am frequently skeptical of early access games (for good reason, a lot of them aren’t good!) it has been cool to see how development of the game has responded to player actions - Wyll is an example, but Minthara graduating to be a potential full party member in act 2 is also very cool, and quite possibly wouldn’t have been the case if people hadn’t had a chance to see her stuff in act 1 and react positively to her.

OwO­­­­­­­

1 Like