Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Don’t seem to be able to make glass at all anymore, they have rolled it into the crafting block.

Due to building on top of a bridge, I just jump off the side when I want to reset. Takes a few tries but better than nothing.

EDIT: Also really annoying, I need 1 book to make a wrench so I can farm machine parts and the book is not dropping.

1 Like

Wakes up three times during the night
Resurfaces at 6am for alarm

Screams into the Monday Void
:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

A really obnoxious fly woke me up at a quarter to five, at which point I couldn’t fall asleep again.

May it rest in peace.

5 Likes

The Sunday to Monday nights are always the worst. Because you are transitioning from the weekend sleep to the weekday sleep.

That sound of the alarm in the morning is depressing.

1 Like

Yeah you can now only get it from breaking glass objects like windows et al.

As for crafting, it had no use other than for empty water jars.

It’s slightly too early to start preparing lunch stuff so I may have used the time to make something into the correct size for discord emojis.

6 Likes

okay so like, i’ve played a lot of final fantasy in my time. i’m no stranger to how absolutely off the rails the franchise can go

but

spoilers for 16

that bahamut fight was absolutely mental. it just kept going and getting crazier with every passing moment

3 Likes
16 Spoilers

being a 14 player the level of catharsis i felt seeing phoenix joining in wrecking bahamut. on 16 itself though, the fight was utterly mental and thats a bold claim to make with the state of the eikon fights as is. titan’s vs ifrit’s was a hard one to top.

1 Like

and yet they didn’t just top it, they went as far as they could possibly go with it and then some

like i’m not even at the end of the game yet, where the hell is it supposed to reasonably go from here?

also:

spoilers

prince dion as bahamut is now only just as strong as donald duck from kingdom hearts by being able to cast zetaflare. his power has finally been matched

2 Likes

I hope we get a similar remix thing going like people are doing with Elden Ring.

Summary

I guess they took notes with Eden on how OTT they can get with combining Eikons/Primals with Ifrit. The fight and its music absolutely slaps but I couldnt help but hear the chorus of Answers in my head during it.

agreed on dion though. game has so many great character buts hes absolutely in my top 3. someone with that kind of power demands respect…

1 Like
spoils

yeah dion went from being “oh cool the empire lackey we’re going to have to kill at one point” to one of the best characters in the story.

he’s not dead as far as i can see so i’m hoping to get more good stuff from him before the credits roll.

idk how i feel about ultima as a villain though. dude is weird looking and sounding and i still don’t know what he even wants other than to get inside clive, which we all want. just hoping the game sticks the landing, i can’t be far off the end now.

2 Likes

Flies deserve nothing.

Rest in pieces.

Kinda really wish the game industry wasn’t in such an absolute pit.
Countless releases every year and yet there’s maybe 2 or 3 at most that catch my interest, of which maybe one manages to launch as a finished product, so I mostly end up playing decade old MMOs or the same games I played as a young’un. It’s tragic really, because cool concepts clearly still pop up, but they just can’t be bothered actually making them functional. What happened with Anthem was a shame and I wish it was at least surprising at the time, but this has been the norm for years

Wish I could say indie games were better off but they seem to be the same 3 or 4 games on loop with a rare gem popping out above the rest once every few years.

7 Likes

Sucks doesn’t it?

I came to the realization after Cities Skylines 2 got announced that it’s the first “big” game release I’ve properly looked forward to in at least five years. And even then, it’s basically just an upgrade of the same game I’ve played for nearly a decade.

4 Likes

Idk it might just be me but this year has been top notch for releases after the drought we’ve been having. My only real complaint would be that none of them that I’ve played so far are really innovative, they’re just really solid/exceptional sequels to games we know.

Would be nice to see some real game changing stuff though.

1 Like

Hear me out here… stay with ne…

Pac-man.

I’m really cooking on gas here 'Mito…

Pac-man… 3D.

Come off it mate, you know as well as I do that the technology just isn’t there yet and probably won’t be in our life times.

This year so far, of note:-
Resi4 remake
Tears of the Kingdom
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
Diablo 4 (someone must like it)
Street Fighter 6
FF16
Hi-Fi Rush
Octopath Traveller 2
Metroid Prime Remaster
Age of Wonders 4 (I’ll play it eventually, I’m sure it’s good)
Company of Heroes 3 (saw Aerilen typing and had to make sure it got on there)

Upcoming still this year:-
Alan Wake 2
Pikmin 4
Baldur’s Gate 3
Armored Core 6
Starfield
Spider-Man 2
Lies of P

There’s more to add besides this - these are ones I just think are notable and that I could remember or get from a very quick google search. While some of these will doubtless get DLC offerings, none of them are live services except for D4.

Oh and Ghost Trick Remastered came out too. That’s also a very good game if you didn’t play the original; chances are you didn’t.

tl;dr is that this is and has been a pretty good year for gaming, to the extent I’m frequently struggling to fit stuff in that I want to play around the rest of my life, nevermind the backlog. A bunch of the new releases I listed I’ve not touched not because I’m not interested but because I’ve got other stuff I’m playing instead.

2 Likes

Would reccomend

Relic is a battered husk of its former self.

2 Likes