Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

You never know, mods might add werewolves/bears/rats/tigers/boars!

I will say that my houserule trades out Fireball for Slow. Still can be devastating to the party but not quite as one-shot-kill.

I played a one-shot at 14th level with one of the players as a wild magic sorc and it was really good, they were proccing surges constantly but their “roll twice, choose your preference” feature made it so they were mostly beneficial for us.

I’d say yes but unfortunately I don’t have enough experience to make sure I’m not also being dumb.

The problem with this particular player is that he wants the effects to be detrimental. Luckily there’s only two instances I can think of, including the fireball, where it’s actually hurt us as a party and not just messed with his own character.

Most likely and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was already a thing, but I prefer going into a game vanilla the first time. 2nd playthrough though, yeah sure. Make a werewolf paladin for that authentic Powerwolf experience.

1 Like

The only mod I might be potentially interested in for first run in BG3 is a party expander so I can have more dudes for more conversation interjections.

1 Like

Won’t that screw with balance if you stack your party up beyond the limit?

I don’t like looking at my Warhammer 3 play time or my Gears 5…
I sicken me.

1 Like

Probably, I’ll just bump it up to hard mode if it is though. I always try to do my first playthrough of any game on normal mode, but I’m not against bumping it up if I’m a pro-gamer (or have an oversized party).

1 Like

Sounds like it should even things out, given how the hardmode seems like it’s gonna be pretty brutal.
I’ll stay away from this mod though, so that I could have a fresh party in the 2nd playthrough.

:crab: FTC got told to get bendt :crab:
https://twitter.com/lulumeservey/status/1678782521553870849?t=sghGrXDJCiXIwZnReYkAvw&s=19

Bye bye bobby soon™

1 Like

Yeah uh, I’m not gonna trust or like anything said by that person considering she’s a unionbusting stooge.

Yay, the birth of yet another megacorp. :partying_face:

1 Like

I’ve no idea who is or isn’t a [REDACTED]at ABK these days, but it was also on their news room thingy

As is the fate of everything. If it wasnt MS it would be Sony going in to grab them.
Both cases suck

https://www.thegamer.com/activision-blizzard-executive-threatens-withhold-raises-union-files-complaint/

The successor to Frances “boy I love CIA torture!” Townsend.

The idea that MS will ‘fix’ Acti-Blizzard instead of trading one corporate master for another is madness. MS is hardly free of controversies or foul business practices. If Kotick is removed he’ll get to sail on a golden parachute the size of a moderate country while someone just as bad takes over.

Call me cynical (I am) but nothing will fundamentally change.

2 Likes

Tip of the iceberg.

My crystal balls (as cynical as they are) will predict that Sony will now get increasingly aggressive with its own purchases. Gunna see a lot of studios end up exclusive to consoles and the gamers™ being worse off for it.

MS and Bethesda were very much in bed with one another over the horse armour scandal (and the tipping point for DLC) and it was MS who set the (then at the time) outrageous price while Bethasda wanted to sell it cheaper.

Bobby needs to go, don’t get me wrong, but video game companies slowly getting drawn into two distinct blobs isn’t healthy.

1 Like

Sounds like the CMA just pulled its objection too, so :dracthyr_shrug:

Mergers are universally terrible for consumer and company alike and hundreds of people are going to lose their jobs, but on the other hand line will go slightly up

so impossible to say if it’s bad or not

5 Likes

Having all the reply options in caps lock should actually be a manageable thing to do. :thinking:

There are theories about that
for
reasons
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/450362952860696586/1127873385536430090/halsinsmile.png

Thankfully my steam account has no way of checking my hours played on rdr2 on ps4. So it’s not quite so sickening to look at.

2 Likes

No.

my brother in christ you are literally a furry

1 Like
  1. Slander (or libel because it’s written but slander is funnier)
  2. This is not the sort of bear culture I support
  3. You’re a meanie stinky poo pants
1 Like