Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Correction: I said I only wanted a party expansion mod for BG3 for run 1.
I also want one that changes Shadowheart’s hair.

2 Likes

Modding is a sickness that corrupts us.
But I won’t stop!

Minor FFXIV peeverino: when it comes to eras, the First Umbral Era is followed by the First Astral Era, the Second Umbral Era, the Second Astral Era and so on, but for months it’s the other way round: the First Astral Moon, then the First Umbral Moon, then the Second Astral Moon, then the Second Umbral Moon, and so on.

There’s probably some obscure lore reason for this, but it still bugs me.

1 Like

Could be worse, could be warcraft lore.

4 Likes

I never understood the whole birthday thing and calendar. I just picked something random

Same with the Gods choice. Or whatever they are called

For me race and class were more important factors of choice.

When in doubt, an ascian is probably to blame.

6 Likes

Probably emet-selch specifically, who is pointing and laughing at you

6 Likes

The birthday and deity choice don’t affect gameplay at all. In fact, the character creator specifically says that.

I can only suspect that it was going to matter in 1.0, but 1.0 was scrapped, so those plans never came to fruition. And now we’re stuck with picking those options for legacy reasons.

I thought it had the tiniest degree of change to resistances.

Another patch looms and dwarves still have a completely useless racial ability as archaeology was canned.

the worst part about baking is your hands get all sticky
your surfaces get all sticky
everything is sticky

I mean isn’t that the same for any racial profession boost if you don’t have that profession
Elly ain’t getting much use out of his racial enchanting bonus.

He’s ignoring his true calling.

It was a small passive like elemental resistance based on what deity you picked and that was it. Now it’s purely flavour for your character.

Iirc the lore is due to the gods associated with the months and their element as a whole, Urianger talks about what is Astral and Umbral aspected in ShB in Ill Mheg quests

It added in A Realm Reborn when the stats were much lower. The difference was minimal, but progression players in ARR would very much try and minmax what resistances would benefit them better.

Nowadays? It’s really just a flavour thing like your character’s birthday, really.

It’s late. It’s warm. BG3 has forced me to look at DnD lore stuff.
So, what if: Lolth but she got turned into a jumping spider. Drow now all have pogo sticks. Combat pogo sticks.

1 Like

If Emet-Selch is evil then why sexy

1 Like

Someone who was initially going to play in my Kingmaker stream came up with almost that exact concept and I was gutted that scheduling meant she couldn’t make it

Counterpoint: the evil part is also sexy

Have to deal with the phone company tomorrow, as my personal ID# is protected due to reasons. Which will suck!!!

But also patting myself on the back for not telling the attorney b-word to go f themselves over all this stuff going on with my dad.
August and court date cannot come quick enough .-.

2 Likes

I am back from A&E because there was a glass shard in my foot.

Didn’t take 8 hours to be seen, nope.

Okay, I’ve been back for an hour, but still, bloody shard.

2 Likes