Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

I’m not Nerathion, I don’t read fanfiction.

Unless you count Harry Potter Becomes a Communist (much better than JKR’s bilge)

2 Likes

Well there go all my hopes of being dumb as a rock but incredibly charming.

selling my nintendo switch because i bought an oled recently. my wife put it on facebook marketplace and it’s started a bidding war for some reason. is there some sort of switch scarcity i don’t know about.

smh
shunning the free content

:dracthyr_nervous_animated: :dracthyr_nervous_animated:
I… please don’t post set ups like this, Hethes

Didn’t hear about anything. Would guess either a combination of price and location or something to do with what generation yours is.

1 Like

maybe it’s because it’s your switch specifically

switch used by Akamito himself

bids start at 8 trillion pounds sterling

2 Likes

It might be because I scent-marked it in recompense for your abandonment

it’s a bog standard switch including pokemon shield and pokemon let’s go evee. doesn’t have the standard joycons because one of them died to drift. so they’ve got like a yellow and purple one.

my wife admittedly put it at a low price of £160 and the highest offer went up to £200 including postage.

It’s definitely about my pee then.

strangely she didn’t include that in the item description

Word gets around (by me)

This one’s on the house. Do it.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t feel right after I already stopped myself.

1 Like

still really enjoying final fantasy 16. but good lord the pacing sometimes is really frustrating.

the final fantasy 14 style quests really bogs the whole thing down sometimes, despite the excellent world building contained within. walk from A to B to speak to an NPC, and then walk to B to C to fight a few mobs, before walking from C to A is getting a bit tiresome.

1 Like

I saw one criticism that I kinda agree with that the sidequests only open up in an area after you did it, meaning that instead of doing it at the same time as the main story quest, you end up double dipping on an area which kills the forward momentum somewhat. Ditto for the hunts; they generally only open up after you’ve done an area. I think there was only one hunt I ever did which I stumbled across while doing a new zone, the rest were all backtracking.

Yeah that makes sense actually. I hadn’t looked at it that way, but it’s absolutely right.

(thankfully) modern RPGs move away from that - like, I don’t think there was malice in it, and the concept of an option that radically changes how people interact with you is genuinely a good one for a game that wants to be replayed, but it can very easily feel mean-spirited and a bit eugenics-y

you will have to be a himbo on your own :pensive:

On the subject of the concept though, one thing text-based RPGs should do is if you choose a dialogue line that involves a persuasion/intimidation/whatever check and you fail the check, it should change the dialogue slightly

It’s one of the reasons I’ll roll the check before doing the roleplay, because botching a roll and then extremely badly trying to intimidate someone is extremely funny, whereas doing some genuinely good speechcraft and then botching the roll feels bad

One of New Vegas’ many good features was letting you see the skill-gated conversation options and still letting you pick them even when you knew you would fail.

2 Likes

unsurprisingly it was a scam that she almost got caught by.

2 Likes