Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

A cool judgement came out today from Washington - some racist loser who was targeting a Bungie employee got taken to court and found that intentionally targetting an employee for the reason of being an employee also damages the employer

https://twitter.com/KathrynTewson/status/1679246025062748160

getting told by a court that the only time you ever get to contact Bungie ever again for any reason is through their legal counsel and paying some $480,000 in damages, oof we love to see gamergate-adjacent losers take giant Ls

2 Likes

the next game i play after i finish final fantasy 16, should it be:

nier automata (tried it once but it didnā€™t stick)
yakuza 0
yakuza like a dragon (recommended by stonetower)
octopath traveler 2 (recommended by ben starr to me as part of our parasocial relationship)
restart and finish final fantasy 12 (my greatest shame)
force myself to finish tears of the kingdom
devil may cry 5???

As much as I like NieR Automata I think going from ff16 to it would burn out on the combat mechanics - while not identical they do share similar rhythms and styles. Ditto for DMC5.

Of that list I believe Yakuza 0 is the shortest to finish, so maybe try that one next.

that makes sense. my rationale for both of those inclusions was because i was vibing with the ff16 combat where i didnā€™t originally with devil may cry or nier because i wasnā€™t used to them

A great choice.

A great choice after you go through yakuza 0-6.

i can tell you already that this is not going to happen in my lifetime

Like a Dragon is the other great entry point into the franchise specifically because you dont need to play any other yakuza game to enjoy it

Also it has a surprisingly good English dub which is more than I can say of any other yakuza game

i like the idea of yakuza 0 more. but i think iā€™d enjoy the turn based combat of like a dragon more.

the only yakuza game iā€™ve ever played is ishin, because i just love me shinsengumi.

Thatā€™s true but skipping other games, especially 5 and 6 is a travesty.

I like Ichiban a great deal more than kiryu and I am willing to die on that hill

It doesnā€™t really matter which one of them takes 2nd and 3rd place when the 1st is already taken.

1 Like

Huge recommend.

Donā€™t really know the others except DMC5 which I personally wasnā€™t too crazy about (why are the V segments)

okay fair you got me there

majima sweep

1 Like

okay but yakuza 0 is set in 80ā€™s japan which just sounds really based

yesssssss
the good music game

how dare you

I spent money to get some custom made transfers (as no alterative exists) for my Marine army.

There is one problem; waterslide transfers on the curved Marine shoulderpads were, are, and remain the work of festering SATAN, and I now have to re-learn how to do them properly for an entire army, otherwise I have essentially just wasted a chunk of money.

Nothing kills my hobby motivation in one evening than these god damned awful things and their stupid inability to sit still and their constant crinkling!!

-curls up and sobs-

Colleague wandered over to tell me he had asked a manager about a thing and hadnā€™t yet had a reply.

Cool thanks for letting me know that nothing has happened. Canā€™t wait for the next update :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™ve asked all mangers at work for a thing.
They all said yes.
That was roughly 6 months ago.
Nothing has happened.

Iā€™ll post another update in 3 months about nothing happening to keep you up to date.

1 Like

i am probably their manager. thatā€™s literally me

I really want the purple and yellow joycons, but joycons are expensive and my grey ones work fine.

Kinda want shield and lets go eevee but i donā€™t need a 2nd switch (plus I donā€™t use facebook)