Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Also, it floats.

Which is an important plot point!

A fantasy world in a familiar shape with civilizations in no way plopped down in certain spots as crude satire and social commentary.

Orcs are just football hooligans, though.

Not quite boats, but floating islands of rock.
Theyā€™re actually massive parts of what was formerly Nagarythe. When the sundering occurred, they pinched them when it sank.

Mhm! They donā€™t even try to deny it whatsoever. The Albion map they released has ā€˜here be whalesā€™ where Wales is supposed to be, alongside a few other joke name locations.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammerfb/images/f/f5/Map_of_Albion_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110517165035

Warhammer Fantasy is full of things like these. Estalia is Spain, Bretonnia is France, Tilea is Italy, the Empire is the Holy Roman Empire, so on.

Tilea features fine, very Italian names such as ā€œGossipa Lottaā€, ā€œImaschiavelli Venedettoā€ and ā€œBrazino Innuendoā€; itā€™s a very serious setting!

Lest we forget the venerable and very serious lizardman characters like Tiktaqā€™to, the toad lord Kroak, or Itzibitzi

Famed strategist Marmalodi, another fine Tilean nameā€¦

Personally Iā€™m a big fan of the poor dockworkers ā€œPechvogelā€ family in Ubersreik, who just keep on happening to have the worst of luckā€¦

Kislev

1 Like

Lest we forget the city of Remas, once seat of the mighty Reman Empire.

Their Dutch names are best though. Bow down to the might of Bestelā€™bus! Kneel before the wrath of Geefā€™eten. Tremble in fear before Diqqeeā€™dik!

Inaccurate.

Unlike the real world, Not!America is where all the venture capitalists go and then get eaten by giant Lizardmen.
Then again you also have the Dark Elves too, who are all bitter and twisted, soā€¦ :thinking:

Oh Canada. :canada: :saluting_face:

1 Like

me but itā€™ll be for a week or two

Canadians are clearly the Wood Elves up there, who are objectively correct.

And Taurox. Because, I dunnoā€¦ Canada Smash! ?
:joy:

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Stormwind on patch day:

please final fantasy 16, stop giving me side quests. iā€™m tired and i just want to get where iā€™m going

There is some really nice payoff with doing them all in the endgame before the final bossā€¦in the form of a load more sidequests. \o/

2 Likes

thank you, thatā€™s very reassuring

I sneakily add just one more while you arenā€™t looking.
For spice.