Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

[unit pathfinding intensifies]

2 Likes

AoE2DE still requires you to use third party websites if you want to find lobbies.

AoE2DE still requires you to use Steam group chats or voice chats to be able to talk with friends youā€™re queuing with, instead of justā€¦ letting you write like it does after finding a map.

Oh, your villager is luring the boar and itā€™s an easy straight line to your TC? How about the vill takes a spiral around because a straggler tree was nearby - but not even on the path to your TC!! At least itā€™s quickwalling practise to not lose the vill then. 11

:upside_down_face: :slight_smile: :upside_down_face: :slight_smile:

1 Like

The way one of my cats looks at me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Sheā€™s so lovely. I mean all my pets are but this lookā€¦ Gets me every time.

5 Likes

also i finally decided my next game, and itā€™s yakuza 0. i started playing on my steam deck over the weekend and itā€™s good.

the combat is annoying though and i can feel that iā€™m probably going to drop it down to easy at some point because itā€™s starting to frustrate me

2 Likes

What exactly do you find annoying about it?

that i am not good at it

2 Likes

See itā€™s just a clever way to get you to become just like the Viper, have you copied his hotkey settings yet? :smirk:

1 Like

Then only gods can help you :pray:
That said, idk how far youā€™re in, but later you unlock a few different fighting styles and they might suit you better.

So far I have 3 of them. I prefer brawler, but thereā€™s some guys that Iā€™ve started encountering randomly on the street that (men in black) that were once fine to fight but now theyā€™re suddenly become like ultra ninjas or whatever. They keep me basically stunlocked and itā€™s mega frustrating.

Iā€™m only on chapter 2 as well.

No :pensive:

and itā€™s absolutely the reason why Iā€™m not 2k+

1 Like

the only reason, even

have you tried pushing deer at the cost of managing any other part of your economy yet? the path to greatness awaits

Pushing deer is actually pretty easy, on BF maps I lure my enemyā€™s deer to my flankā€™s!!! Just use follow command!

disgusting

Strictly speaking youā€™re supposed to switch styles on the fly, depending on who youā€™re fighting. I find the pink style (canā€™t remember the name) easier to work with against most enemies.
That said, you may as well just lower the difficulty.

I even vote in closed maps instead of open maps and Iā€™m the reason we sometimes get Amazon Tunnel - BF - Michi trifecta in teamgame pool. :smiling_imp:

and then i ban arabia :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

disgusting x2 (i dont ban amazon tunnel though)

i do this too because its boring

i favorite water maps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pink style does alright against them, yeah. But idk, Iā€™m just not getting the hang of it. I find myself devouring healing items everytime I encounter them. Then on my way to restock I find them again.

Iā€™ll keep plugging away and if I canā€™t then Iā€™ll just reduce it.

Funnily enough in some map pools, I ban the open maps and favourite the closed maps, and then because most other people do the reverse all thatā€™s left are water maps!

Thankfully, when I do play ranked Iā€™m in the average bracket where most other people donā€™t really know water map build orders, so I take a quick peep at a generic galley rush and win. :sunglasses:

Personally on water maps I simply pick Italians and win

pick portuguese and drag it out with feitorias :sunglasses:

(just kidding i pick vikings, longboats go brr)