Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

I haven’t sussed out when I should be building things and what I should be building yet. I’m just feeling my way through it to be honest.

Yeah it’s just my preferred playstyle based on a long time of playing the game, I like building really tall early game so I have a super solid foundation.

If there’s a few too many boys then there’s some pruning of the old family tree that needs to happen, especially if they end up with duff stats. Meanwhile, selling off the daughters in matrilineal marriages to 67 year old nobodies for genetic traits…

I don’t marry outside of the family for long, that’s all I’ll say on that matter.

Why are lands controlled by a baron called barony but lands controlled by a king not called kingy?

1 Like

Haven’t worked out any of this either. The tutorial tried to talk to me about congenital traits but I couldn’t find any on the list of suitors.

I have two daughters that are infants and idk what to do with them. Do I insist on matrilineal?

It depends on what you want. Marry them ‘normally’ and you’ll get better alliances, marry them matrilineally and you have the possibility of your dynasty inheriting new lands/etc.

Neither option is right/wrong.

I’ve not been thinking very strategically about alliances. I had one with Wales because celts together strong, but then the guy died and now they aren’t my friends anymore.

Good News - I can knife a z bear to death

Bad News - it and the z vulture killed me in the process and thus leaving my bike all the way down there that I now have to collect on foot.

If I’ve got scary neighbours and I haven’t had enough time to establish myself, I’ll go for making the strongest possible alliances. Situational decision that you learn to be careful with.

7 Days To Die?

I guess England is my scariest neighbor. But they seem to be busier mucking about with France to try and come after me.

I tend to play 867 and be an unga bunga tribal contending with Ivar the Boneless and northern invasions, so I couldn’t say how much England in 1066 likes to go conquest on Ireland.

I saw someone playing in 867 and it looked scary. So I’m happy with my little tutorial nation for now. I think I will pick up more with each playthrough and can try different things each time.

I’m just glad I’m actually making traction now. Everytime I’ve tried to play since it’s released I’ve finished the guided tutorial section and then been like “okay idk what to do now” and just noped out.

867 has a lot more paganism and tribalism in western/northern Europe basically, with more fragmented kingdoms

My eventual goal is to be able to jump over to central Asia and play in that region. Love me nomads.

I confess I’ve basically never played there. I occasionally get tempted to play in Tibet though.

I just love how big the map is. So many options available it’s absolutely wild.

I’m happy about conquering my little island but there’s still an absolute ton of territory out there and some really big fish on the playing field that could swallow me whole.

Yeah, you’ll focus on your little corner of the world, then occasionally zoom out and go “what the heck” at some random changes.

The newest DLC is also very good, adds in tournaments n stuff and is very fun.

Zoom out so far I can’t see myself but all of central asia has been eaten up by the kingdom of cumania which is a real name for some reason

are you being a toddler about the cumans