Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

nice airbender tattoo bro

2 Likes

Imgur

Just accepted it today, so long as i let him sleep.

9 Likes

2 Likes

No, we reject the thinly-veiled queerphobic elf-hate dwarf-posting

We are all in on incomprehensible folk metal and artisan welding work dwarf-posting

4 Likes

The elf dwarf grudge was settled when King Gotrek took the Phoenix Crown. The dwarfs need to suck it up.

luv me ale
luv me minerals
luv me mountains
luv me grudges

'ate the orcs
'ate the elves (not raysist just dun like em)
'ate pacifism

simple as

2 Likes

So-- I sort of semi flrit with somebdy in my friend’s stream (I also semi flirt with my friend but she at least knows its banter) and er
 I think he didn’t realise it was a joke?

They are finally fixing my bathroom mold problem!!!

So wednesday I have to go let someone in then I can have then do their thing and I can finally look into setting internet and fridge up too.

Now I just await my basement being emptied out :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I went ahead with an Audible trial to hear the new novel. The novel itself isn’t my pet peeve. If anything it’s surprisingly decent and comes with several tidbits of lore (like the origin of visages) that are nice to know.*

The problem is that it’s once again much, much too late and inconvenient a manner in which to build the world.

Vyranoth’s motivations are a lot clearer and understandable to me now, as are the personalities of the Incarnates. But it comes at a point where one Incarnate is slain, one has departed the plot for now, and we’re looking ahead at what might be the final season of the expansion.

So yes. I’d rather have known these things sooner and preferably ingame or through freely available audio dramas. We had those Legion and I loved it back then.

*Incidentally wondering if it merits a thread or if people mostly just skim warcraft wiki / twitter for these things by now.

3 Likes

A tale as old as Blood of the Highborne.

6 Likes

It’s sort of like Alfred Hitchcock’s quote about surprise and suspense.

“There is a distinct difference between “suspense” and “surprise,” and yet many pictures continually confuse the two. I’ll explain what I mean.

We are now having a very innocent little chat. Let’s suppose that there is a bomb underneath this table between us. Nothing happens, and then all of a sudden, “Boom!” There is an explosion. The public is surprised, but prior to this surprise, it has seen an absolutely ordinary scene, of no special consequence. Now, let us take a suspense situation. The bomb is underneath the table and the public knows it, probably because they have seen the anarchist place it there. The public is aware the bomb is going to explode at one o’clock and there is a clock in the decor. The public can see that it is a quarter to one. In these conditions, the same innocuous conversation becomes fascinating because the public is participating in the scene. The audience is longing to warn the characters on the screen: “You shouldn’t be talking about such trivial matters. There is a bomb beneath you and it is about to explode!”

In the first case we have given the public fifteen seconds of surprise at the moment of the explosion. In the second we have provided them with fifteen minutes of suspense. The conclusion is that whenever possible the public must be informed. Except when the surprise is a twist, that is, when the unexpected ending is, in itself, the highlight of the story.”

In this case, releasing the books after in-game events in order to explain them just leads to a period of confusion as we wonder “why did this character do this,” a question that is later answered by the book.

Releasing the books before in-game events however, could lead to months of suspense and engagement as we wonder how the events of the book will influence the in-game events that will occur later.

3 Likes

Didnt the original box for the 3rd gen games come with a booklet that had braille translations in it? I remember having one when I got it for GBA

1 Like

sea of stars

Drank too much and my body is paying for it (not hung over, just really sick)

Lemon cheesecake lemonade

I admit I have trouble putting the words “sexy” and “elf” in the same sentence. It just doesn’t compute.

work is da poop

NO MORE

4 Likes

A friend of mine dealt with that issue a lot. They never really realised just how lonely/desperate/etc people can be to hook onto any remote bit of attention or affection.

3 Likes

The sick stole my voice >I

2 Likes

I hope you get well soon.

1 Like