Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

can someone explain what the blizzcon news was like i’m a small victorian child, I don’t know if I have the energy to commit to reading

1 Like

short year-long three expansions that are connected, first one is going underground

second one is something about quel’thalas and void, third one is titans?

the overarching story is named ‘worldsoul saga’

5 Likes

I’ll believe it when I see it.

They’ll cost the same from what I heard so it’s very much in line with Blizzard’s greed to make you pay for less and get the same product.

:dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

ofc they will and there will be barely anything in them.

I do hope we get enough enrichment.

1 Like

Also classic +

4 Likes

I’m not feeling the excitement, honestly. It feels like more of the same, not awful, but little to interest me from the RP perspective. A lot of empty hype for another content-light expansion and vague promises for the future.

I’m feeling a lot more hyped for Dawntrail, so my current plan is to wrap up Lintian’s Dragonflight RP plots by its launch and focus on FFXIV RP again.

1 Like

I think that’s valid. I also think that the main reason I’m more hyped about Dawntrail than anything WoW-related is that SE have shown a much better track record with expansions, so I’m expecting a more consistent level of quality.

3 Likes

Forgot to make my bed after washing sheets and now I’m tired. Why am I like this

I’m the exact opposite. The thought of spending any more time with the cast of characters displayed in Dawntrail makes me feel deepest despair, and while I’m not quite hyped for the new WoW stuff, I am cautiously optimistic. But since it looks like more Endwalker, and I didn’t like that, I’m not very surprised.

Except the normal raid. The raid was good.

And the Classic Season stuff looks pretty cool to me.

Has it actually been confirmed that they’re year-long? Metzen only spoke about faster cadence.

Usually expansions come around every two years ish? So possibly year by year release.

Epic Edition being 80 quid.

Yeah, no, screw you blizz.

2 Likes

Not to mention that 3 days early accces and beta-buy-in you get for that…

Put Blizzcon on the big telly last night and watched it on the sofa, my partner called it nerd christmas.

5 Likes

They’re not wrong.

That was the goal with WoD and we all know what a beautiful success story that was, setting a new industry standard and inspiring developers for years to come.

In all the wrong ways.

1 Like

My wife said the same thing.

She also told me she saw a meme about what gamers are like in real life based on what game they play. She doesn’t know many games but she recognised World of Warcraft as being balding 35 year old, perfectly matching my description.

She always knows how to make me feel better.

7 Likes

https://www.euronews.com/next/2023/11/04/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation-this-physicist-says-his-study-supports-the-theory

Euronews reports on scientific cranks now? And yes, we’re absolutely looking at a crank here.

The physicist first noticed this behaviour while studying COVID genome mutations. Contrary to Darwinian consensus, Dr Vopson observed that these mutations are not random and always result in a reduction in entropy which is the measure of disorder in an isolated system.

Dr Vopson’s previous research indicated that information is the fundamental building block of the universe and has physical mass and should be regarded as the fifth state of matter.

(For all I know, it might always have. I only subscribed to Euronews this summer.)

Wait, you’re that young? I thought you were ancient!