Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

Are you seriously telling me there’s not a single craftable level 61-ish polearm/agility 2H weapon across ANY of the professions?

Pain. Actual pain.

I feel super lost in Dragonflight. I have no idea where anything is in Valdrakken.

3 Likes

I don’t like it or the layout. One of the weaker places we’ve been lumped into imo.

Is this helpful?

5 Likes

I don’t find Valdrakken especially confusing, but then I am much cleverer than Aerilen and Akamito

I agree, Valdrakken looks kind of same-y and I get confused there. But it’s still leagues ahead of Oribos.

5 Likes

It’s a more a case of I’m not really familiar with it since I haven’t really played the expansion less than an actual complaint against the city itself.

1 Like

I honestly struggle to recall the last time we got a good expansion capital that was easy to navigate and pleasant to be in.

Does Legion’s Dalaran count, or is that cheating since it’s just an upgraded version of the WotLK expansion capital?

silly old me going to check to see if goldshire is still as unhinged even after a population decline

Your sacrifice will be remembered and recorded in the halls of memory.

Yes, though it won’t stop me leaving the inn, mounting up and then immediately flying off in the wrong direction. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

At least your mount gets some good exercise out of it

Legion Dalaran had some changes but not enough to count as a new layout, imo
Also you lost your face.

2 Likes

246 polearm drops to replace my 156 one on levelling hunter.
Str only.

WHY, game?!

And they STILL haven’t fixed that issue with nodes fading out the second you finish mining them, screw you WoW… What the hell.

Edit: Not a single WQ with a weapon drop. And apparently there’s NO craftable agi 2H weapons until level 70? Why. W H Y ?!
This is stupid ._.

On that “node” I have the same issue with fishing and looting from bodies.
sometimes it just cancels out of it oh and I know it does it deliberately when its something that makes a ping pop up window.
like the shadowflame crests for instance.

1 Like

Peeve is when I glimpse a really interesting TRP3 popup profile and then look back to the general area and can’t find said person!

1 Like

It’s my gimp mask, don’t kink-shame me.

It just seems to me like almost none of the expansion capitals are actually good, at least in my opinion.

The Mists of Pandaria shrines are dim, claustrophobic and labyrinthine, at least in my limited experience with them.
Warspear and Stormshield are sprawling and mostly unnecessary, as most services are covered by your garrison.
I don’t know about Boralus, but Dazar’alor is painfully vertical and literally required a flight path to get from one end to the other in a timely fashion.
Oribos is soulless and desolate, intentionally devoid of any personality despite having a reasonable layout.
Veldrakken reminds me of Warspear and Stormshield due to how sprawling and disorganised it feels.

I definitely like Dalaran and I guess I enjoy Shattrath too, though it’s been way too long since I touched that place so it could just be TBC nostalgia talking.

I support your personal freedoms

At the time a populated Shattrath with all the NPCs still as they were really felt like a ruin coming back to live and having people make due. I don’t think it holds up with how little there actually is though.

Going back to it now, I think Shattrath is very dependent of whether you have flying or not.

Do you have flying? It’s very easy to get around and you’ve got everything you need in the Aldor or Scryer section, plus the Terrace of Light. The Lower City serves as a source of flavour and side-quests but isn’t somewhere you had to visit if you don’t want to, the Terrace and your faction district provide almost every amenity you could ask for.

Do you not have flying? It’s way too big and if you want to get from your faction district down to the Terrace of Light, you need to wait for a bloody lift. It’s almost as vertical as Dazar’alor and almost as sprawling as Dazar’alor/Stormshield and in some parts of the Terrace of Light, it’s as barren as Oribos.

2 Likes

There’s your problem.

Got an update on my art commission. I can rest easily for a few days before the anxious email checking begins anew.

4 Likes