Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

I’ll have you know that I visited it just now to review and I’ve got to say, Boralus is the worst capital by far. I can’t use any of the portals, all of the vendors call guards who attack me, there’s loads of water and walls separating everything and everyone is fat and smells of fish.

0/10.

5 Likes

Dalaran is nice now, it’s small and roleplayers know where the RP spots are. And the Legion version has Aegwynn’s Gallery, which offers respite from city noise.

But during Wrath, Dalaran was a nightmare. It’s telling that it was nicknamed Lagaran back then. On old computers it took minutes for me to load.

Ironforge is the best capital.

1 Like

I prefer Ishgard or Kugane.

1 Like

More cities should have esoteric jumping puzzles

That’s due to the mistake of putting it in the sky above another zone so the game had to effectively load two zones at once, an error that they corrected with the Legion version. But the layout and the vibe of the place is great, always has been.

1 Like

I want a grounded Dalaran please. Tired of it flying.

Scratchy throat feeling like I have a hairball. Ack.

I don’t need to imagine. I tried to get a friend of mine to play, and they said all of this. It’s really hard to pitch a game, even one you really enjoy, to a friend when you have to tell them that they need to do homework to understand the story of the newcomer experience. After trying the game for a while, they basically said “uh… yeah, it’s cool. Want to play something else instead?”

I am once again advocating for an in-game Mass Effect style codex so that people don’t need to visit external websites to find out what’s happening in game.

3 Likes

Checking an achievement reminded me of my old rogue I fondly remember like yesterday back in checks notes 2015.

I could literally feel myself aging on the spot.

1 Like

What currently peeves me?

I farmed some of the Halloween wands to act as an immersive NPC enemy for RP events, I had a specific spot in mind for said events, but they have respawning mobs around them.

Turns out that some of the wands are cancelled as soon as you enter combat, or take damage (even fall damage) but not all. I of course tested this on a random wand that doesn’t get cancelled and thus assumed none of them would get cancelled in combat. Then I farm the ones I need only to find out they insta cancel in combat. :roll_eyes:

OH well.

2 Likes

So tired that I bleary-eyed “read” an entire fake argument my brain dreamt up in a microsecond of sleep and almost started typing a counter before I realised I’m nodding off. Goodnight, AD.

tbh I wish I dreamt up that san’layn argument that’s going on right now.

It’s a bit daft.

4 Likes

Most of the thread is just Vixi getting baited, so I wouldn’t worry. Happens all the time.

1 Like

It’s like watching someone go fishing with string and a paperclip yet somehow they’re hauling in with every cast.

3 Likes

Yooo all this commission talk makes me miss doing commissions so bad :sob:
It’s honestly so much fun to reimagine other peoples OCs, especially if they’re also AD players…

2 Likes

It went into triple digit posts too quickly and now I’m not motivated to read it. Sounds like I’m not missing anything.

It would be a very sensible addition, but then Blizzard wouldn’t be able to sell us those codex books that just condense information you can read on Warcraft Wiki for free!

2 Likes

It continues to mystify me that there are players who do in fact start playing the game today. I think Obahar for example started in…BfA?

Like, how. ??? ???

Or worse, starting WoW during Shadowlands.

1 Like

Pandaria Shrines were quite enjoyable for me personally.

2 Likes